Mouse freezes + game stutters/freezes in CSGO after transporting my pc to university

alfieperkins

I recently moved my PC to university and when im playing CSGO my mouse freezes for a second sometimes as well as the game stutters and I drop fps. Stuttering and dropping fps happens multiple times a round whereas mouse freezing only happens a couple times a game but its still annoying.

I've tried reseating my GPU and ram incase it got knocked. I can't reseat my CPU and check the cooling since I don't have any thermal paste nor can I afford thermal paste for a while. Benchmarks for my PC haven't changed at all if that helps at all. 2 second youtube video showing the drop

Specs:
r5 5600x
32gb DDR4 3200mhz
RTX 3070

Any suggestions/ideas?

I've tried:
-Reinstalling
-Verifying
-Reseating GPU + Ram

Edit: CPU temp whilst playing cs were around 70C, which i know is high but its not ridiculously high

Afterburner FPS benchmark whilst running around playing Deathmatch
23-10-2021, 18:46:13 csgo.exe benchmark completed, 210640 frames rendered in 482.578 s
Average framerate : 436.4 FPS
Minimum framerate : 267.5 FPS
Maximum framerate : 499.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 177.8 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 15.8 FPS

I don't really see the system stutter as much as the mouse completely dropping out, I had an issue similar to this years and years ago which was related to too many USB devices being on the bus at the same time. Try a different USB port then try unplugging unnecessary devices. Okay nvm, I noticed the FPS drop to ~100 right before it happened.. You could go perusing through system logs alternatively, paying attention to the exact system time when one of these drops occurs and seeing if anything lines up with it. 

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

33 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

I don't really see the system stutter as much as the mouse completely dropping out, I had an issue similar to this years and years ago which was related to too many USB devices being on the bus at the same time. Try a different USB port then try unplugging unnecessary devices. Okay nvm, I noticed the FPS drop to ~100 right before it happened.. You could go perusing through system logs alternatively, paying attention to the exact system time when one of these drops occurs and seeing if anything lines up with it. 

I'll try changing the mouse bluetooth receiver port to see if it helps!
I've edited the post with some new info now as well.

Thanks