Massive stuttering/frametime spikes across 5 different builds still can't solve.

PaulieWalnutss

Hey all I've been here quite a few times and over at techpowerup forums. starting from 8 months ago I bought a cyberpowerPC (GMA model, 2060 i5 make) and it had major stuttering/fps drops so I refunded it. Long story short I've returned and purchased 4 other rigs from various different companies and all have the same exact problem from what it looks like.

Disabled PBO
Updated all drivers via AMD Auto detect
Updated bios
Disabled XMP (and setting different memory times)
Increased DRAM voltage
Disabled Freesync
Disabled Vsync
Disabled Enhanced Sync
Increased memory clock
Decreased core clock
Cleaning old drivers with the AMD cleanup utility
Disabled PCIE power saving
Disabled 10-bit pixel format
Disabled Microsoft game bar
Disabled discord overlay
Set audio channel to "stereo"
Increased the card's power limit via MSI Afterburner
Set refresh rate to 60hz (from 144)
Set games to run at 1080p
Reseated RAM
Reseated GPU
Replaced current GPU with Zotac 950 (overall lowest graphics, non native res and 30 frames but the frametime graph is more stable than my current card)

I do know I have electrical issues inside my home but I've never encountered a full on crash or restart with this rig yet, past rigs have but this one has been fine it's just not performing right in game is it possible that the reason it's the same exact problem consistent with 5 rigs now it's my electrical at play? . Full specs:

Asus Tuf 3070 (one cable two ends)
Asrock X570 Pro4
Ryzen 7 3700x (ML240L cooler)
Neo Forza 2x16gb 2400mhz (xmp to 3200mhz)
Powerspec 750W (I'm really unsure of the rating but I want to say at least a 80+ bronze)
Lian Li II Full Tower

If more info is needed just let me know and I'll get what is needed, and sorry for the consistent posting here this problem is just baffling to say the least.

Afterburner screenshots- https://imgur.com/a/vDuEPde

Resource Mon- 
https://imgur.com/a/2Xgzxle

On 10/23/2021 at 6:01 PM, PaulieWalnutss said:

Hey all I've been here quite a few times and over at techpowerup forums. starting from 8 months ago I bought a cyberpowerPC (GMA model, 2060 i5 make) and it had major stuttering/fps drops so I refunded it. Long story short I've returned and purchased 4 other rigs from various different companies and all have the same exact problem from what it looks like.

Disabled PBO
Updated all drivers via AMD Auto detect
Updated bios
Disabled XMP (and setting different memory times)
Increased DRAM voltage
Disabled Freesync
Disabled Vsync
Disabled Enhanced Sync
Increased memory clock
Decreased core clock
Cleaning old drivers with the AMD cleanup utility
Disabled PCIE power saving
Disabled 10-bit pixel format
Disabled Microsoft game bar
Disabled discord overlay
Set audio channel to "stereo"
Increased the card's power limit via MSI Afterburner
Set refresh rate to 60hz (from 144)
Set games to run at 1080p
Reseated RAM
Reseated GPU
Replaced current GPU with Zotac 950 (overall lowest graphics, non native res and 30 frames but the frametime graph is more stable than my current card)

I do know I have electrical issues inside my home but I've never encountered a full on crash or restart with this rig yet, past rigs have but this one has been fine it's just not performing right in game is it possible that the reason it's the same exact problem consistent with 5 rigs now it's my electrical at play? . Full specs:

Asus Tuf 3070 (one cable two ends)
Asrock X570 Pro4
Ryzen 7 3700x (ML240L cooler)
Neo Forza 2x16gb 2400mhz (xmp to 3200mhz)
Powerspec 750W (I'm really unsure of the rating but I want to say at least a 80+ bronze)
Lian Li II Full Tower

If more info is needed just let me know and I'll get what is needed, and sorry for the consistent posting here this problem is just baffling to say the least.

Afterburner screenshots- https://imgur.com/a/vDuEPde

Resource Mon- 
https://imgur.com/a/2Xgzxle

Hey there, I'm having the exact same problem, and I too tried everything you listed, still no improvements...

Hope someone replies to this asap..

• 5 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, Josyug said:

Hey there, I'm having the exact same problem, and I too tried everything you listed, still no improvements...

Hope someone replies to this asap..

Same here

• 1 year later...

Hey guys.

Same boat here 😡

Handful of PC's tested. All seem to stutter..

You guys have to first find out what your issue is. 

Does ur PC stutter when you unplug the UPS from the wall?

1. If yes, you're in the same boat as I am.

2. If it starts working clean, its something in your house such as a boiler, solar panels etc interfering with your power lines.. You can turn everything in your house off, and turn it on 1 by 1 to see what is causing your PC to stutter.

Myself and others have no idea what's going on.  The worst part is, it's hard as heck to find anyone with this issue. I've met some but not a lot.

Even if we take a brand new PC to a buddies house, works clean, plug it into ours and the stutters stay, take it back to buddies and stutters stay there too!

(Although I've heard stories where you need to let your PC sit at a "clean" location for a couple hours. No clue but that's what I've heard)

Currently I'm in the process of doing this:

Getting a Double Conversion UPS + whole new build. Not letting anything (PC related) touch my outlet. Regular UPS won't work, has to be double conversion. Have a DC ATM just need to get some batteries for it !

DC is what hospitals use to give clean power to its electronics. Basically, it always runs off battery. You plug it in, takes the power, converts it, and sends out 100% clean power to your stuff.

A regular UPS will not work as it does not do this. It has to be a Double Conversion UPS aka Online UPS. 

Our stuff might be damaged. Which is why when we even go to a "clean" location the stutters remain. The best test is to use a brand new setup connected to the double conversion UPS. 

Hopefully this works, but I'm already use to this staying unless I move out. One of the most bizarre things I have ever experienced. The worst part is everyone telling you it's your setup, and "YOUR PSU CLEANS THE POWER SO ITS IMPOSSIBLE ITS YOUR ELECTRICITY" 

Also. You guys do not have Input lag issues right? Only stuttering, possible desync etc.?

If any of you want to talk more, reply with your discord and I'll add you. I'd leave mine but this thread is old so I'm not sure if you guys will check it and I always get nitro on/off which makes my discord #'s change once I cancel it.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:53 AM, lavar said:

Hey guys.

Same boat here 😡

Handful of PC's tested. All seem to stutter..

You guys have to first find out what your issue is. 

Does ur PC stutter when you unplug the UPS from the wall?

1. If yes, you're in the same boat as I am.

2. If it starts working clean, its something in your house such as a boiler, solar panels etc interfering with your power lines.. You can turn everything in your house off, and turn it on 1 by 1 to see what is causing your PC to stutter.

Myself and others have no idea what's going on.  The worst part is, it's hard as heck to find anyone with this issue. I've met some but not a lot.

Even if we take a brand new PC to a buddies house, works clean, plug it into ours and the stutters stay, take it back to buddies and stutters stay there too!

(Although I've heard stories where you need to let your PC sit at a "clean" location for a couple hours. No clue but that's what I've heard)

Currently I'm in the process of doing this:

Getting a Double Conversion UPS + whole new build. Not letting anything (PC related) touch my outlet. Regular UPS won't work, has to be double conversion. Have a DC ATM just need to get some batteries for it !

DC is what hospitals use to give clean power to its electronics. Basically, it always runs off battery. You plug it in, takes the power, converts it, and sends out 100% clean power to your stuff.

A regular UPS will not work as it does not do this. It has to be a Double Conversion UPS aka Online UPS. 

Our stuff might be damaged. Which is why when we even go to a "clean" location the stutters remain. The best test is to use a brand new setup connected to the double conversion UPS. 

Hopefully this works, but I'm already use to this staying unless I move out. One of the most bizarre things I have ever experienced. The worst part is everyone telling you it's your setup, and "YOUR PSU CLEANS THE POWER SO ITS IMPOSSIBLE ITS YOUR ELECTRICITY" 

Also. You guys do not have Input lag issues right? Only stuttering, possible desync etc.?

If any of you want to talk more, reply with your discord and I'll add you. I'd leave mine but this thread is old so I'm not sure if you guys will check it and I always get nitro on/off which makes my discord #'s change once I cancel it.

Just found this thread while going down a Google troubleshooting rabbithole trying to fix this (as I spend a lot of my time doing nowadays), noticed that your reply was very recent.

I've sent you a PM with my Discord. You and me are experiencing the exact same thing man. Happens to me as well across multiple high end builds.

I've been dealing with this for a little over a year now. Very frustrating and obscure issue that people who haven't experienced firsthand will refuse to acknowledge because of how ridiculous it sounds. It's very real, definitely power related, and EXTREMELY hard to research and troubleshoot. Hopefully we can establish contact.