Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

hackgod

Hi, so I have an Asus laptop with the following specs-: 

Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega graphics

An Intel 660P 512 SSD

8 Gigs of Ram

And I have never updated the chipset drivers and always relied on windows updates to do its thing. So my question is that will I have to update the chipset drivers manually to fix the CPPC issue on my laptop after I upgrade to Windows 11?

Product Page-: https://www.amazon.in/VivoBook-X512DA-EJ504T-15-6-inch-R5-3500U-Integrated/dp/B07WH2KZX9

Windows 10 build version-:

Edition    Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎06-‎06-‎2020
OS build    19043.1288
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

If I were you, I would personally just wait until they fix all the kinks out of Windows 11 before updating from Windows 10. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Honestly I agree with you since it is my primary school laptop and I really can't afford any period of downtime 

If you have to ask, no. For an important machine you need to work all the time with no surprises, there is no reason why you can't continue using Windows 10 for years.

That being said I installed 11 fresh on the 5th and its been flawless.

• 4 weeks later...