Does Dual Channel RAM has a difference on performance in Laptops?

Im deciding to buy a new Laptop and my choices are between two Laptops with 16 GB (bc its 2021 lol). One of them has Single Channel and is slightly faster while the other one is slightly slower but has Dual Channel. Also preferable it should be Ryzen. https://www.ebuyer.com/1287203-gigabyte-g5-md-51uk121sh-core-i5-16gb-512gb-ssd-rtx-3050ti-15-6-fhd-g5-md-51uk121sh and https://www.ebuyer.com/1265683-medion-erazer-deputy-p25-nh55-ryzen-5-16gb-512gb-ssd-rtx-3060-30031907. Should I buy the one with Dual Channel RAM or Single Channel RAM?

cant u upgrade the single channel to a dual channel?

long story short, unless the frequency of the single channel is doubled of the dual channel dimms, the theoretical bandwidth is lower

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

cant u upgrade the single channel to a dual channel?

long story short, unless the frequency of the single channel is doubled of the dual channel dimms, the theoretical bandwidth is lower

Nah bc y should I upgrade the Single Channel from 16 GB to 32GB if I only need 16

Just now, HashtagFireball said:

Nah bc y should I upgrade the Single Channel from 16 GB to 32GB if I only need 16

because it can literally double performance?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HashtagFireball said:

to get... dual channel?

it's not end of the world if you don't, but it's best that you do

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, HashtagFireball said:

You could upgrade from 16GB single channel to 16GB dual channel by swapping the dimm that is in there. Could sell it or keep it as a spare.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Dual channel allows the cpu to access the second memory stick simultainiously with the first, which would be installed in separate channels.

Generally desired for multi-tasking or running multiple programs and tasks. Some games and applications rely on dual channel.