Hot temps?

Brebst

So I ran a stress test on my pc with the new water cooling setup I have. Its a EKWB Quantum 360 Kit, with WB for the Rog Strix 3090 Card.

You can see the temps in the picture. Are these temps normal for a stresstest? Or am I doing something wrong here?

PC_hot.png

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

These temps are perfectly fine given the 100+W TDP CPU and this "350W" TDP graphics card. The 3090s may even go up to 400+W during peaks and a constant power consumption of ~400W. Some overclocked models have a continuous power draw of ~400-450W with peaks in the 500W range, so these thermals are perfectly fine. The curve also shows that this is due to the water heating up regularly. There are no sudden spikes in temperature so you're golden.

Okay, thanks for calming me down! It stated it was over to 90C, so I was just waking for it blow up. So there is nothing I need to do or change? This is my first time doing this. 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Well, the thing is, full-load scenarios where both are pinned to 100% are very unlikely and they will be lower during regular use. And you only have a single 360mm radiator, that is, as you can tell, rather tight with such heat-producing hardware.

So I should consider adding another radiator? I usually just game and stream sometimes, use it for 3D work, but never anything that just clogs up the system with work.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I would suggest it, because that graphics card alone can saturate such a radiator.

Okay, I'll order another radiator, but does it matter where in the loop I put it?

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

You'd need to ask somebody else that. I am not versed in water cooling at all. But a 360mm radiator for such a graphics card and a CPU are really a tight fit.

Okay, but thank you for answering my questions!

3 hours ago, Brebst said:

Okay, but thank you for answering my questions!

loop order does not matter, so just whack the second radiator whereever convinient. Temps do look high, particularly for the GPU, lets see once again after the 2nd rad is installed.

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

loop order does not matter, so just whack the second radiator whereever convinient. Temps do look high, particularly for the GPU, lets see once again after the 2nd rad is installed.

Yes, I will update the thread when installed 🙂

On 10/24/2021 at 4:25 AM, Brebst said:

Yes, I will update the thread when installed 🙂

also what speed are your fans & pump running when stress testing?

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

4 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

also what speed are your fans & pump running when stress testing?

I actually have no idea. I don’t know how to set it up haha

1 hour ago, Brebst said:

I actually have no idea. I don’t know how to set it up haha

bruhhh... u can use hwinfo to see fans & pump speed if their pwm cable connected to your mobo

u can also use argus monitor to see & control them

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Okay ill try that! Im pretty new to all this computer stuff

So I have installed a new radiator, and will be running a new test. But this is how my fans show up in Argus. I have a Corsair Commander Pro, which they are connected to, and I connected the pump to the Pump_Fan on my motherboard. Is that the correct spot to plug it in?

Sys_help.png

Here are the results from the benchmarks. Is these results any good? Or should I adjust something?

benchmark_1.png

benchmark_1-1.png

so now your setup is running 2 rads? 

what's the max & average temps when u stress test it? 

sorry about the late reply! Didnt get a notification for it. 

So here is the stresstest after I added the second radiator. So I have two rads in total.

stresstest.png

So as you can see on the stress test, my temperatures are fairly normal. But when I try to stream and game, they go up to 75 ish both of them. Why is that?

75c for both of them is actually decent, 

1. are both your rads 45mm thick ones, 2x PE360?
  2. what's your fans rpm during the peak temps?
  3. are your fans 6x EK vardar 2200rpm ones?
  4. is your pump pwm setting set to 80%?
  5. how long did the stress test ran? try to run it more than 30 mins & monitor your temps

1. No, so one is the PE360 and the other one is the slim version.

2. So since the fans are all connected to the Corsair Commander Pro, and their software is not really understandable, I don’t actually know.

3. So there are 3x EK Vardar fans on one rad and 3x Corsair 140MM fans for the other rad.

4. Can’t figure out what my pump is set to.

5. It ran for 20min I think.