AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Maximum 3200 mhz or can go higher?

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

If you aren't having a problem, it should be fine. The memory controller on the CPU is only guaranteed to work with DDR4-3200, but if you can get higher speeds to work, that's good. It's a form of overclocking, just like the overclock you did for the core frequency.

Since the RAM is rated for that, the RAM itself should be able to run at that speed indefinitely. The memory controller on the CPU might have difficulty years down the road if the silicon degrades, but that's not a guarantee. Especially since you're willing to run it with an overclock, I don't see why that would be a concern for you.

Windows 11 Pro Build - 22000.282

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz - Overclocked to 4.3ghz 
Installed RAM 32.0 GB = 2 x 16gb G.Skill Hynix F4-3600C19-16GSXWB Sniper X Urban Camo
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU AMD 5700 XT
Power Supply: Antec 1000 Titanium grade 80+ 

I have 32 gb of ram overclocked to 3600 but my cpu is recommending 3200 but my motherboard can easily handle it. Someone recommended me to use Calculator for ryzen and go down to 3200 on another forum but thought id ask here first. 

My pc used to crash when I ran 3600 or even 3200 but after I updated my 1.5 year old bios those problems went away and then i had a 600 psu but just upgraded this week to 1000. 

My pc is running fine now at 3600 and passed every stress test, well there be problems down the line if I don't clock the 32gb of ram down to 3200? 

According to what i know it will work at 3200mhz not at 3600mhz even if you overclock

If you aren't having a problem, it should be fine. The memory controller on the CPU is only guaranteed to work with DDR4-3200, but if you can get higher speeds to work, that's good. It's a form of overclocking, just like the overclock you did for the core frequency.

Since the RAM is rated for that, the RAM itself should be able to run at that speed indefinitely. The memory controller on the CPU might have difficulty years down the road if the silicon degrades, but that's not a guarantee. Especially since you're willing to run it with an overclock, I don't see why that would be a concern for you.