My Rona Build - possibly the heaviest pc on earth

Hey Everyone,

Firstly, Gday, my name is Bill and this is my scratch built totally custom pc case.

I will be adding more photos and build videos as the project progresses but here it is so far.

Its about a meter tall and around 400mm wide, it currently weighs 75 odd kilos and like myself through Rona it's gaining weight rapidly.

Why is probably the first question, and to be honest, why not, the days of monstrous cases are gone, the days where the computer had to be located on a reinforced floor (not really).

It actually started from an old Team group server I used in a previous build, it was heavy gauge steel and nearly collapsed my desk.

I wanted to build something different, something unusual, the case will be totally water cooled and runs a water 2 air intercooler for the main radiator.

3 X 180 fans sit atop and 3 X 140 fans will fill the front.

the final Colour will be machinery yellow with highlights of black here and there, it will look like something that would have rolled right out of the Cat factory.

Stay tuned for more progress pics and to see how this came to life, check out the build process below.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnsElvs3HIrGsOWdrT_Uj4A

_DSC1557.thumb.jpg.09d13902158e9c09bc74a5e42a8dc9f9.jpg

I have actually changed the feet and how it sits, but here is how it looks at the moment.

yep the top fans are the wrong way around lol_DSC1572.thumb.jpg.7a4169ccbb99d5351bad3254ef7ab0d5.jpg

First ever go at bending clear tubing.

Going along with the industrial theme, the hose at the end of the clear tubing is actually stainless steel braided hose.

_DSC1571-2.thumb.jpg.b27f2d178e07175acdd836d6e5482e37.jpg

What fans are you using? Id suggest going for arctic p fans cause of their price and good performance (near noctua level performance at 1/3-1/4 the price)

That looks like a massive chonker of a pc, where the hell will you even put it? Cause that aint gonna fit on a desk thats for sure, not to mention unless your desk is made of solid steel its gonna collapse xD

4 hours ago, bill.prowse said:

it currently weighs 75 odd kilos

A PC that weighs as much as a human!

4 hours ago, bill.prowse said:

it was heavy gauge steel and nearly collapsed my desk.

My case is made from the same material...

It's heavy as hell even though it's significantly smaller than yours.

I think that Aluminium is better,there is a reason why aircrafts use it - It's light and strong.

Some aircrafts that require more strength use Titanium (but Titanium is expensive).

I used to have a case made of Aluminium,was extremely light.

EDIT:

I recommend to clean the case from rust and then paint it to prevent rust,

Rust is a real issue with steel,it can ruin the structural integrity of the case.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566