Struggling with installing mobo into case

jasonditz

So the MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Edge Wifi is a first for me... all my past ATX mobos had external IO shields, and I found that made it very easy to line them up in the case. Are there tricks for seating properly?

Also also (and yes, this is dumb) I had what I thought was sort of lined everything up and tried to screw in some screws. OFC it was wrong, so I tried to move it, and even though I swear I didn't screw them all the way in yet, two screws managed to get stuck in the case standoffs, and came out of the case. I'm guessing that's going to be a pain to separate to get things restarted, though if I can line things up right maybe I can just push them back into the holes they came out of?

1 hour ago, jasonditz said:

two screws managed to get stuck in the case standoffs, and came out of the case. I'm guessing that's going to be a pain to separate to get things restarted, though if I can line things up right maybe I can just push them back into the holes they came out of?

Grab the standoff firmly with some pliers, and unscrew the other side with the screwdriver as normal

Pliers worked. I'm questioning whether I should replace the standoffs, because these feel very cheap.