5900x Unstable

Hi everyone,

I've been running my 5900x with PBO at motherboard limits, +200MHz, and a curve optimizer of -30 on all cores (except my best core that needs -20 to avoid WHEA). Everything has been fine for a couple of months (gaming, stress tests, sitting idle, doing light tasks) until tonight. After exiting a game, my system rebooted and I saw the familiar WHEA error, this time referencing a different core (my second best core). This then proceeded to happen several times until I changed that core to -25 instead of -30. Not sure if it's stable yet, but it has not rebooted while writing this.

Strangely enough, everything was fine earlier today and has been for a couple of months, just out of the blue tonight I got these reboots. I have not updated anything significant today. Is it possible my CPU has degraded in quality making the undervolt no longer stable? I didn't touch PBO Scalar at all to avoid this.

14 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Run prime95 smalllest ffts and see if you get an error

I'll give this a try, thanks.

Seems to be stable again so far just using it normally (I set the core to -30 again), hoping it was just something weird. 

1 hour ago, rmgdnz said:

I'll give this a try, thanks.

Seems to be stable again so far just using it normally (I set the core to -30 again), hoping it was just something weird. 

Run it for an hour or 2 then move on to large ffts

If small ffts does error then try large ffts cause sometimes ram errors are also deteced by smallest ffts