Looking to upgrade my monitor

DrowningShark

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

right now my pc specs are 

gpu AMD radeon 6900xt

cpu  ryzen 9 5950x

ram ballistix cl16 3200mhz 32gb

with a custom water cooled loop

currently I have a 27” 1080p 240hz monitor

i want a cleaner picture for playing warzone

thinking of getting a 32” 1440p 240hz monitor basically cleaner and bigger picture. Would it be worth it and could my pc handle it? 

4 hours ago, DrowningShark said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

right now my pc specs are 

gpu AMD radeon 6900xt

cpu  ryzen 9 5950x

ram ballistix cl16 3200mhz 32gb

with a custom water cooled loop

currently I have a 27” 1080p 240hz monitor

i want a cleaner picture for playing warzone

thinking of getting a 32” 1440p 240hz monitor basically cleaner and bigger picture. Would it be worth it and could my pc handle it? 

For me personally 27" is the best size for a 1440p monitor, but that depends how close you sit to it. 32" you will want to put further from your face than your 27". Just something to keep in mind. 

Your Pc is very powerful, so you will be able to run 1440p no problem. You probably wont get 240 fps, but you may get in the vicinity of 144fps, depending on the game. (CSGo you will get well over 240 fps for example, demanding games not) So if you want to save some money go for a 144hz panel. If you want to play esports titles at high fps, get the 240hz. 

Also keep in mind that image quality is very inportant as well. Get a quality panel, look up some reviews. This is arguably more important than the max frequency Hz. 

Worth it? Yes, even for office tasks 1440p is far superior to 1080p, and for games it is a good step up in resolution. 

A monitor easily lastst 10 yrs, so get a high quality one.

good luck!