Can I pair Samsung 970 EVO plus and 980 (not 980 pro)?

DHUMSHAN
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

You can pair any ssd. There wont' be any compatibility issue. They work independently.

Samsung SSD is good option, warranty is good (or better than any brand).

SSD can die within 2-3 years (speaking from experience, twice), so getting a 5 years warranty is a good decision.

The question: Can I use Samsung 970 EVO plus and 980 together in internal slots of my Acer Predator Helios 500 (PH517-51)?

The premise: The 512GB SKHynix SSD   seems to be corrupted because I was getting that Intel rapid storage error since a few days and now my laptop is stuck in a boot loop. 

Both SSD and RAM are detected in BIOS. I tried battery drain but it didn't help it. The Windows 10 startup circle animation appears so I guess it recognizes the boot device but can't proceed due to some faulty NAND or something.

970 evo is overpriced trash, same price as a cheap gen4 ssd like z440, rocket 4.0, or mp600 core which will obliterate the poor 970 evo

980 pro is complete overkill, esp for a laptop, just go for the aformentioned cheap gen4 ssds

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

970 evo is overpriced trash, same price as a cheap geb4 ssd like z440, rovket 4.0, or mp600 core which will obliterate the poor 970 evo

980 pro is complete overkill, esp for a laptop, just go for the aformentioned cheap gen4 ssds

Thank you for replying. The motherboard in Acer Predator Helios 500 does not support pcie Gen 4. Also, I asked about 980 and not 980 pro. 980 is gen 3. I doubt that I will get the brands you mentioned locally here in India. 

Can you suggest some good options with mainstream brands? 

3 minutes ago, DHUMSHAN said:

Thank you for replying. The motherboard in Acer Predator Helios 500 does not support pcie Gen 4. Also I doubt that I will get the brands you mentioned locally here in India. 

Can you suggest some good options with mainstream brands? 

Crucial p2, p5

Kingston a2000

Silicon power a80

You can pair any ssd. There wont' be any compatibility issue. They work independently.

Samsung SSD is good option, warranty is good (or better than any brand).

SSD can die within 2-3 years (speaking from experience, twice), so getting a 5 years warranty is a good decision.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w