Potential Ransomware on Windows 10?

SkimmyMcG

Hey guys, so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this and everything, but I don't know what category to put this under.

So I was just sitting on my PC and randomly noticed my desktop background change back to something it hasn't been set to in years, then I noticed my mouse cursor was large and my file explorer boxes were no longer night themed but changed back to light. Then windows defender gave me a security notification for "TrojanDropper:Win32/Muldrop!MTB" I went through and removed it with Windows Defender and have since been running scan after scan between Windows Defender, HitmanPro, and Malwarebytes. I also made the unfortunate decision to Google that particular threat and have been freaking myself out thinking I now have ransomware on my PC just waiting to strike. Does anyone have any advice for me here? I have some really bad anxiety now and can't stop freaking out, which may be silly, but I've never had anything like this happen before. Would really appreciate any help, or just company, because of how bad the anxiety is. :{

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

If you removed the trojan, then what is there to worry about? Best you can do is either run a boot time scan with Defender which is supposed to be more thorough than even a normal full scan, or see if you can revert Windows to an earlier date with the system restore function if you're still concerned. There is also an option that lets you reset windows itself without losing any of your personal files. You'll just have to install all the actual programs or applications back on. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

5 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

If you removed the trojan, then what is there to worry about? Best you can do is either run a boot time scan with Defender which is supposed to be more thorough than even a normal full scan, or see if you can revert Windows to an earlier date with the system restore function if you're still concerned. There is also an option that lets you reset windows itself without losing any of your personal files. You'll just have to install all the actual programs or applications back on. 

I guess it could just be my anxiety getting the best of me then. I also did run a boot scan with defender which didn't find anything either. Mostly just worried that whatever it was has already done something and is now lying in wait somewhere waiting to come back or do damage.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

49 minutes ago, SkimmyMcG said:

I guess it could just be my anxiety getting the best of me then. I also did run a boot scan with defender which didn't find anything either. Mostly just worried that whatever it was has already done something and is now lying in wait somewhere waiting to come back or do damage.

🤷‍♂️That would technically be a logic bomb then, not just a trojan. Trojans are typically activated upon the installation of a program. Someone smart must really have it out for you to go through the trouble to write a malicious program that complex. I doubt there is such malware waiting to be activated. You already scanned the hell out of it. Not much you can do beyond that except reset windows or do a system restore. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

9 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

🤷‍♂️That would technically be a logic bomb then, not just a trojan. Trojans are typically activated upon the installation of a program. Someone smart must really have it out for you to go through the trouble to write a malicious program that complex. I doubt there is such malware waiting to be activated. You already scanned the hell out of it. Not much you can do beyond that except reset windows or do a system restore. 

Ah, I see. Well I thank you very greatly for your reassurance! I definitely feel a lot better about it from what you have told me and what the scan results have given me.

PC Specs: