Need a new Wireless Headset for both PC gaming and work.

archivebit

I am at my desk a significant portion of the day between playing games and work. While working at home I walk around my house to get steps in to not sit all day and I stay within 40 feet or so of my desk.

Currently use two different headsets for gaming and for work.

Gaming - Razer Nari

Work - Logictech G533

I switch between them a lot thoughout the day so I want to try and use just one headset instead of two, but since I use a headset all day I need very good quality all around.

Things I think are important to me:

Some form of very easy mute ability (Logitech's 533 Flip to Mute is amazing), a good sounding microphone is a plus but average is okay as the G533 isnt that good anyways.

Good battery life at 12hours +

Comfort to have them on at least 8 hours a day. (Work + gaming can be 12 hours)

Surround sound with good accuracy for gaming.

Wireless with dongle is required for connection

Looking for any kind of suggestions. (I tried the logictech G935 and the headset was SO tight on my head even though I am fairly small build that I couldnt use it after a few hours)

I have been looking around for a while and the trouble i get is having some kind of reliable mute feature along with other quality.

Budget is around 300$

I currently use the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. I know it's a tad on the expensive side, but for me it was well worth the money. I'm always walking around my apartment doing things, and it comes with a hot swappable battery (usually last 8 to 10 hours depending on usage), while one charges you are using the other one. There's a big mute button on the headset itself, not quite as handy as Logitech's solution but still a nice to have that works well. I game a lot with it too and am very pleased with the sound quality, I don't listen to music much on it though so I can't speak from that front. If you don't want to spend that much, I know the Arctis 9 is also a good deal, it doesn't have the hot swappable battery and I believe the drivers are a bit different, but I have a friend who loves it. Hope this helps

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

Like said above Arctis Pro is very good. It has good battery, good quality and is comfortable. The mic is also pretty decent and is easy to mute.

For cheaper you can get an Arctis 7 which is great too, same as above but the quality is slightly worse (still good).

Also avoid Bluetooth, if you use it with your mic everything will sound like trash because of bandwidth limitations. Even though BT5 should be capable the codecs aren't there. If it supports both 2.4 and BT it's fine.

6 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Like said above Arctis Pro is very good. It has good battery, good quality and is comfortable. The mic is also pretty decent and is easy to mute.

For cheaper you can get an Arctis 7 which is great too, same as above but the quality is slightly worse (still good).

Also avoid Bluetooth, if you use it with your mic everything will sound like trash because of bandwidth limitations. Even though BT5 should be capable the codecs aren't there. If it supports both 2.4 and BT it's fine.

What are the major differences between the Arctis 7, 9 and Pro? Anything that would care about using it daily or just minor things?

6 minutes ago, archivebit said:

What are the major differences between the Arctis 7, 9 and Pro? Anything that would care about using it daily or just minor things?

Between A7 and A9 only the fact that A9 supports BT and 2.4 while A7 only supports 2.4. The Pro has a swappable battery and slightly better sound quality, but worse battery life if you use 1 battery. Best value would be the 7, but the Pro is good if you want the best.