1660 TI black screen on one of the monitors?

Stellarisk

I have a 1660 ti with a two monitor set up. One is set up through HDMI and one through Display port. My Display port monitor screen goes black at least once a day. I don't think that's normal and I'm trying to figure out if that's a GPU issue or maybe a monitor/cable. The Display port monitor loses signal only for a few seconds and it's usually random when it happens. At the time I check event viewer and don't see anything in the log. I also don't hear the notification for a device being disconnected. Usually it just goes to a black screen when it loses signal. One time though, I saw gray fuzzies when it went black around the edges before turning completely black. When the screen goes black for a few seconds the other monitor seems to be fine. Is there anything I can do? As far as I know I'm not suffering detrimental performance when it happens.

Specs
CPU i7 8700

GPU : Windforce 1660 ti

Asus prime h310 plus motherboard

16 gb ddr4 ram

PSU 500w

Storage : 3 SSD's of various sizes. 

Just now, emosun said:

Have you tried a different cable

Unfortunately at the moment I dont have another display port cable to try :(.

Well you can either purchase another cable and try it. Or you can purchase another 1660ti or another monitor and try that.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Well you can either purchase another cable and try it. Or you can purchase another 1660ti or another monitor and try that.

With how things are atm for gpu's i think ill try another cable haha, the reason I only have one is because it's the only monitor i have that uses a display port. Do GPU's have a benchmark program to test for stability? Given how only one monitor loses signal It feels like it's probably a cable issue or a monitor issue.

2 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

With how things are atm for gpu's i think ill try another cable haha, the reason I only have one is because it's the only monitor i have that uses a display port. Do GPU's have a benchmark program to test for stability? Given how only one monitor loses signal It feels like it's probably a cable issue or a monitor issue.

There wouldnt exist a program that tests beyond the bounds of the computers own knowledge. If the computer knew the monitor cable was bad and being disconnected it would make the disconnection noise.

Try a new cable first and see if has an effect before assuming the gpu itself has a fault.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

There wouldnt exist a program that tests beyond the bounds of the computers own knowledge. If the computer knew the monitor cable was bad and being disconnected it would make the disconnection noise.

Try a new cable first and see if has an effect before assuming the gpu itself has a fault.

I'll do that. Hopefully that's all the issue is. Shame though because the cables only a few months old.