How to adjust fan curse based on GPU Temp?

braveheart0707

I am using MSI control center to adjust all my fan's curves, and i think it is linked to CPU temp?

That works fine for CPU intensive works but when I am gaming, the CPU is not THAT hot but the GPU is, so how do I make the fans react to GPU Temp?

Most programs don't let you do that unfortunately. There is a community driven one here on the LTT forum that will allow you to do so as I personally use it and love it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Most programs don't let you do that unfortunately. There is a community driven one here on the LTT forum that will allow you to do so as I personally use it and love it. 

That looks awesome!  How about Argus Monitor?  

Just now, braveheart0707 said:

That looks awesome!  How about Argus Monitor?  

Ive used Argus as well and liked it. My 3 year key actually just expired about a month ago and I switched over to the fan made one I linked. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, braveheart0707 said:

Case fan

sorry

what mobo do u have?

On 10/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, braveheart0707 said:

MSI B550.

Which model specifically?

I know my motherboard has certain fan headers that can be set to monitor GPU instead of CPU temps. These can be adjusted in either the BIOS or the software App which is available from Gigabyte’s website.

Maybe you can do something similar with your MSI?

I’ve actually done this myself recently: Front three intake fans governed by GPU temp, & CPU Cooler, Top exhaust & Rear exhaust governed by CPU temp.

I found when gaming, things are quieter as the GPU fans (which are the loudest at high RPM) didn’t need to spin as fast thanks to the extra cool air entering from the front.

edit…

This all depends on your case & case fan airflow ability of course, so isn’t guaranteed to work in all scenarios.

FanControl software is quite good for controlling fans for your case and even works for some GPS. You can mix curves base on other temperatures sensors from your CPU/motherboard and GPU curves for your fans.

https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

I’m just curious, with all these Fan Control Apps/software, they can only ’see’ one fan per fan header right? & not each individual fan that may be a part of a daisy chain on that fan header?

So if you set a fan curve for a fan header, each fan on that header will mimic each other?

2 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

I’m just curious, with all these Fan Control Apps/software, they can only ’see’ one fan per fan header right? & not each individual fan that may be a part of a daisy chain on that fan header?

So if you set a fan curve for a fan header, each fan on that header will mimic each other?

Yes and that has nothing to do with software. The rpm is read on a pin and that pin only connects to 1 fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.