Gigabyte hit by ANOTHER ransomware attack

da na

Summary

Hardware manufacturer Gigabyte has been hit with another ransomware attack, following the major one several months ago leaking confidential documents of AMD and Intel as well as their own data on how to make PSU bombs PCB specifications. 

Quotes

"As is usually the case, the AvosLocker gang has reportedly published some of the stolen data as proof of their attack on Gigabyte. 

Privacy Sharks claims to have seen the data sample, and says that it contains lots of sensitive information including passwords and usernames, employee payroll details, human resources documents, and credit card details.

Furthermore, the shared 14.9 MB sample also contains documents of Gigabytes dealings with other reputable firms such as Barracuda Networks, Blizzard, Black Magic, Intel, Kingston, Amazon, and BestBuy."

My thoughts

Gigabyte's having a hard time right now... 

Sorry if any parts of this are incorrectly filled out, first time tech news poster. 

Sources

Gigabyte hit by ransomware once again (msn.com)

57 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I know they're going through shit

But it's hard to feel bad for them when their (non-existent) customer service is like crap

Also, it's even funnier the second time, I guess?

Makes me wonder if they will fold and sell their operations to someone else. 

45 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I know they're going through shit

But it's hard to feel bad for them when their (non-existent) customer service is like crap

Also, it's even funnier the second time, I guess?

Some real Gigashiite going on with that. 
Normally I too would laugh but know the ransomware guys ain't playing and frankly don't care who they get or how many times either. I mean it's not like there is a "Frequently Attacked Points" (FAP? 😵) program in play here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Looks like Gigabyte is suffering from data loss...

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

26 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Makes me wonder if they will fold and sell their operations to someone else. 

That would assume there is any value in the company, that said maybe a pyrotechnics company will buy them. Exploding PSUs would make good movie props.

30 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Some real Gigashiite going on with that. 
Normally I too would laugh but know the ransomware guys ain't playing and frankly don't care who they get or how many times either. I mean it's not like there is a "Frequently Attacked Points" (FAP? 😵) program in play here.

There's a FEP, Frequently Exploding PSU model though... 

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That would assume there is any value in the company, that said maybe a pyrotechnics company will buy them. Exploding PSUs would make good movie props.

Or maybe they can pay the ransom in PSUs.

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

Or maybe they can pay the ransom in PSUs.

And that's just gonna blow up in their face upon receivement of payment.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

fuck gigabyte. Awful RMA service and refused to fix my 3090. no pity  from me.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS