Second monitor is detected but I don't get a signal

JMBM

Hi there,

I'm using a Athlon 220ge on a "Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro Wi-Fi" without a graphics card. The CPU should support 3 monitors (AFAIK). 

But the mainboard does not send any signal to one of the ports. Even when I force the BIOS to switch to the second port, nothing is shown. I also tried it with Windows and Ubuntu. Both detect the connected monitor correctly. The OS don't detect any issues. I tried different HDMI cables, different monitors... just nothing. I updated the BIOS to the newest version and checked that the monitor actually works (it does). 

Any idea what could be wrong? I tried to explain it to the support but all they said is that they don't support Linux. They didn't respond to my second ticket yet.

The failure might be came from the port itself. Ask for RMA if possible.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

So maybe someone else will come across this problem so I want to clear things up. 

Because it took a few days for Gigabyte to answer I decided to try a Displayport to HDMI adapter. And it works just fine. According to them there is an issue with the Athlon 200 series and 2 HDMI outputs. But they didn't tell me what exactly the problem is nor could I find any real information about this. So I'm not sure if this is a problem with the CPU/APU or the motherboard itself. But as I said, using an HDMI adapter on the Displayport output works just fine and it even transfers 5.1 audio (which was very important in my case) just fine.