Praying for help 馃槥

DevilDog0915

Hi everyone, longer time follower of Linus in YT and FB聽

ive come to you today because well im at wits end and am hoping someone can help me out. About 2 weeks ago after playing some new world i wanted to upgrade my Ram for some better performance. However my Asus Prime B360M-A could only handle 1x 8gb stick of my 2 pack so i went on a search for a new Motherboard. I found a NIB MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus motherboard for sale local and after confirming it would take my ram my i5-8400 and 1060 i was off to buy it. After safely disconnecting my computer and all components聽i began to build my new board. I securely installed my cpu, ram, gpu and all the cables firmly, when i went to power it on i got nothing on screen all the fans were running(case fans, cpu,gpu),(heartbreak has set in) trying to eliminate every factor i cleared CMOS for 5 minutes nothing, removed gpu nothing again, removed a stick of ram still nothing. All i got was a constant ezdbug light flipping from DRAM to cpu then back to dram and so on. I contacted MSI and got the least amount of trouble shooting ever. He tells me the board is bad send it in. Okay maybe it is, go theough the RMA process. Instead of wanting to go weeks with out my computer i quickly popped onto NewEgg and bought another z390 identical to the one in my hands that was DOA as we will say. Few days later the new motherboard shows up looking slightly different clearly not the same one but oh well confirmed the serial number was a MSI MPG Z390 gaming plus i went ahead got to building. Unfortunately after all my troubles same thing the computer wont post. Heart break sets in again. All i want now is a working computer. I take the same steps as before check cables seating of gpu, cpu and ram no issues. I followed all of the same steps as before for troubleshooting no luck. I was like okay this isnt meant to be i return the Motherboard i got from newegg and i get set to install everything back into my Asus board cause it was all working before shouldnt have an issue. Wrong, computer boots to bios i save and close black screened again. I have no idea what to do im litterally at a loss. As one last attempt i went out and bought a brand new I5-9600k put it into the original MSI z390 motherboard still nothing. Anyhelp would be immensely helpful i just dont know what to do I鈥檝e currently invested 380$ to well get nowhere.聽

Take all your parts to a local computer repair shop and let them figure it out.

Alternately, pull everything out of the case, set on a phonebook, install only the mobo, PSU, and CPU.

Nothing else.

Turn it on, you should get RAM missing errors.

If so, then your board is good.

If not, then report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽