Blue Screen of Death when using photoshop?

pigsoup

My Spec:

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor                3.60 GHz
Installed RAM:  32.0 GB (G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0)

GPU: RTX 3070

Motherboard: MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING B450I GAMING PLUS AC AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

SSD (one with OS): Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKNW010T8X1
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎30-‎Mar-‎21
OS build    19042.1237
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I have been running my computer with no problem until about two months ago when I started getting BSOD. I have been paying attention since it became frequent, and I found out that I almost only get them when I am using Photoshop. I do not get BSOD when using rendering software like Lumion, or 3D modelling with Rhinoceros, or videogaming (cyberpunk, fallout, etc etc...). I have updated everything I could to the latest.

I have been using the free "WISE memory optimiser" for a week, and I just "optimise" the memory whenever it gets to like 30% usage when I am using Photoshop. Before this, I opened up my desktop and took out and replugged in the RAM again which seemed to work for 2 weeks, then BSODs started to happen again so I downloaded the WISE memory optimiser. I am stumped on what may be the problem. EDIT: the computer does not seem to crash when spamming the memory optimiser when during photoshop.

Before making this post, I just got a BSOD when doing nothing really, just youtube was on. Also I think I had some mornings where my computer was restarted when I am sure I just put it to sleep. But it could have been windows update?

The last random blue screen error message and photoshop BSOD logs are attached as images:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by pigsoup

19 minutes ago, pigsoup said:

BSOD logs

Find the actual crash dump files and upload them here.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I have checked where "memory.dmp" is supposed to be, according to "sysdm.cpl" (and it is set to create the dmp file), but alas, there is no memory.dmp there or anywhere.

I changed the location of where the dmp file will be save in the future, so hopefully, I will have it soon.

not sure whats going on. just got another BSOD whilst using 3D modelling tool - i guess the problem is getting worse - but no dmp file in the folder i specified in sysdm.cpl. And nothing in the default location as well.

I fished out this text file from: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LastCrashdump"

does it mean anything?

last crash dump.txt

On 10/22/2021 at 7:30 PM, pigsoup said:

not sure whats going on. just got another BSOD whilst using 3D modelling tool - i guess the problem is getting worse - but no dmp file in the folder i specified in sysdm.cpl. And nothing in the default location as well.

I fished out this text file from: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LastCrashdump"

does it mean anything?

last crash dump.txt 1002 B · 0 downloads

Nope, the crash dump will end with .dmp for it to be a real crash dump.

If you are not getting a crash dump, then it's a power supply issue (most likely) where the system is shutting off abruptly and not having time to write the dump file.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Hey Radium Angel, thank you for replies.

When I tried to run Lumion (rendering software) about 5 days ago, I was met with this image:1.PNG.91bb52f761941a0a8702fff53758e4f0.PNG

I clicked yes, and something popped up about editing registry...Ever since then, the crashes stopped. One other variable is that I did unplug and replug the rams around the same time....

Do you think this may mean something?

• 8 months later...

@pigsoup worth a shot, because I'm running out of ideas. I have the exact same issues as you. BSODs while running photoshop. I've noticed they happen most often with using the liquify tool. PC being rebooted while I'm sure it shouldn't be, and occasionally a random BSOD.

Besides that, the BSOD doesn't create a .dmp file, even though the settings say it should. It just sits there at 0% creation. This made me realize it's likely a memory issue, or a ssd issue.

I've updated everything, all drivers/firmware, went from windows 10 to 11, switched memory

Our builds are different, but the two things we have in common are the same motherboard, and the same NVME SSD. So my question, did you manage to find a solution, or did it no longer appear after the TdrDelay value setting?