Cooler upgrade

SignatureSigner

I was wondering if anyone has any cooler recommendations as I have a Ryzen 5 3600 as I want to get better temps + a quieter system as a whole.

I currently have a mATX case with max rad support of 240mm. My max cooler height is 165mm. (AMD MOBO) I do have my original mounting hardware if that makes a difference as I know some coolers need it. I also would like it to be under 120$. 

I don't rlly care if its aio or just an air cooler.

Thanks for any recommendations 🙂

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just buy a mugen 5 or fuma 2, those will run quiet and keep your cpu cool

You might also wanna look at the thermalright le grand macho but as its name implies it is an absolute chonker of a cooler, just look for an image of it and youll see what i mean

46 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

You might also wanna look at the thermalright le grand macho but as its name implies it is an absolute chonker of a cooler, just look for an image of it and youll see what i mean

I was able to run all loads with my 3600XT at 4400 with no fan installed on that cooler, it could run most loads at 4500.. I’ve got mine in a box waiting for a mobo for my sons 5600X.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

6 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I was able to run all loads with my 3600XT at 4400 with no fan installed on that cooler, it could run most loads at 4500.. I’ve got mine in a box waiting for a mobo for my sons 5600X.

I guess its so much of a brick to the point that it dissipates faster than it absorbs?

Damn, im gonna try watercooling my sad pc with a water bucket and see if that works xD

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I guess its so much of a brick to the point that it dissipates faster than it absorbs?

Damn, im gonna try watercooling my sad pc with a water bucket and see if that works xD

Its not a brick at all, its pretty sweet actually.  Its laid back so it does not block your ram at all on x58, z77, and am4. Its got 7x 6mm pipes and thicker, gapped fins than you would normally see. Le Grand Macho RT is actually rated for 90w TDP passive operation. It can handle a fan less Linpack load with a 3770K at 4400MHz 1.215v outside of a case, or 4500 1.25v in a case with just case fans at 5v 👍

I don't think I tried it with my 5900X though.. FC140 did better with my 5600X than LGMRT did so I just rolled with it.. I should try it.

11 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Any cooler that doesn't dissipate faster than it absorbs overheats. 

@SignatureSigner What ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well after I made that post yesterday I took my system apart and installed LGMRT. Was nice to see her back.. anyways.. I just ran 1 simple test. the CPU stress test in AIda64.. the old version. Anyways.. its not that hardcore of a test, yet temps on my 5900X were well into the 90s. Insane. I got out of bed today and before I had my coffee I was stripping my system down to put FC140 back on. Ran the same tests and loaded at 82. This is with PBO +150 with a -30 curve. so 10-12c better than LGMRT. That is insane.