Black Screen While Gaming (Not during stress tests)

PTtheFlea

Hey guys,

I just built my PC and I have been having trouble with black screens while playing games. The Audio from Discord and the Game are still coming through and I am forced to restart my machine to get the machine to be usable. I haven't had any issue when running 3D Mark Time Spy or Heaven benchmarks. Mostly I have been trying to play Far Cry 6 or AC Valhalla without much luck. I can get sometimes as little as 5 minutes in or 1 hour before I have an issue.

CPU: Intel i9 11900KF (New)

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 3080TI (New) connected by Riser Cable. (Can't remove easily Rigid tubing)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero (New)

RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3600MhZ (32GB)

PS: Corsair RM1000X (New)

Things I have tried:

Run DDU and Install Latest Drivers

Removed sleeved cable extensions.

Upgraded the BIOS version of the MB.

Re-seat Riser Cable.

I have checked the thermals and the GPU doesn't get above 60*C, GPU Memory maxes out  at 70C.

Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

55 minutes ago, PTtheFlea said:

Hey guys,

I just built my PC and I have been having trouble with black screens while playing games. The Audio from Discord and the Game are still coming through and I am forced to restart my machine to get the machine to be usable. I haven't had any issue when running 3D Mark Time Spy or Heaven benchmarks. Mostly I have been trying to play Far Cry 6 or AC Valhalla without much luck. I can get sometimes as little as 5 minutes in or 1 hour before I have an issue.

CPU: Intel i9 11900KF (New)

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 3080TI (New) connected by Riser Cable. (Can't remove easily Rigid tubing)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero (New)

RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3600MhZ (32GB)

PS: Corsair RM1000X (New)

Things I have tried:

Run DDU and Install Latest Drivers

Removed sleeved cable extensions.

Upgraded the BIOS version of the MB.

Re-seat Riser Cable.

I have checked the thermals and the GPU doesn't get above 60*C, GPU Memory maxes out  at 70C.

Any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

is it flickering in some way maybe top half of screen or something

Main:

• CPU
    10700k 5ghz All core 47 ring ratio 1.275v
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
    4x8 viper steel samsung bdie: 4200-17-17-30
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming Oc
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
    970 Evo Plus 500gb OS, Sn550 1tb, 860 evo 500gb, 2tb MX500
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
    Acer Nitro vg272up, Kogan 24 1080 120hz
  • Cooling
    arctic 280aio, EK M.2 NVMe Heatsink on 970 evo plus

Second: 
    Cpu: i5-8400
    Cooling: ID-Cooling Frostflow 120x
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.
    Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-K
    Gpu: Igpu
    Case: Coolermaster MB311L

No Both Monitors I have go Black and then after 10-20 seconds the monitors show a No Signal Warning and go to sleep.

Same problem here. I have a Aorus 3080 Xtreme and I get the exact same problem screens turn off, I get a notification from windows and my fans go to 100% but the card works fine after I hit my reset switch on my case.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the PC into my local PC store here and they did a bunch of testing and cost me a grand in labour because of the hard line custom loop. Warrantied the CPU as it was overheating in stress tests. Got it home same issue. Looking in the event logs and just before the critical error for the restart is 7 errors to do with the dwm.exe. I am going to pull the card and take it back to be replaced. I can't think of anything else to do. It had the issue last night while I was just watching YouTube after about an hour.