Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dual monitor Screensaver

Ive got a question been looking for a fix, found a few from WIN7 but nothing for WIN10. I have a dual monitor set up one in portrait and one landscape, when the Screensaver comes on the image gets pushed up cutting the image in half with a black screen i was wondering if there is a way to make it so the screensaver is only on the portrait one.(its not showing on the landscape one witch is what i want but its pushed all the way up cutting off the images) i added one of them as an example of what's happening

logout.jpg

logout (2).jpg

Edited by Kinghades

It's a bit of off topic and a bit of a rant but I feel like saying it. I understand you probably ask because you feel artsy or whatever...

The notion of screensaver is stupid when it comes to LCD monitors. It only makes sense to CRT monitors and to a lesser degree on OLED monitors.

You needed screensavers in the times of CRT monitors because the monitor basically shot electrons on the screeen and heated up phosphorus to produce pixels, so it was possible get screen burn ... screensavers made sense then.

LCD monitors don't have that retention and in fact the only thing that can age or go bad over time is the backlight, the leds or fluorescent tubes which produce the light to make the lcd screen bright - running a "screensaver" will actually keep the backlight active at pretty much same brightness level and pointlessly "wear out" the backlight of your monitor.

If you want to save your screen, configure the monitors to go in stand-by / turn off  after a few minutes of no activity.

I know the early versions of Really Slick screensavers only ran on one monitor. Whether you can still find them is another matter

http://www.reallyslick.com/

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv