New build, Looking for feedback

Haruto

Budget: $3500 CAD 

I'll be using it for gaming and programming projects. I also do video editing as a hobby. Just looking for second opinions on parts and compatibility. Thanks!

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sXGPMv

edit: the ram is a cl16 not a cl14

29 minutes ago, Haruto said:

Budget: $3500 CAD 

I'll be using it for gaming and programming projects. I also do video editing as a hobby. Just looking for second opinions on parts and compatibility. Thanks!

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sXGPMv

Tridentz neo are overclocking rams, if you dont overclock em its a massive waste of money, also cl14 is really pricey so avoid that, go for regular cl16 and tighten to cl14

H150i is eh value, go for a dual tower like fuma 2 or a thicc single tower like mugen 5 or if you are searching for max silence then go for a liquid freezer 280/360

Im not really sure if your workloads can utilise the speed of a 980 pro, go for a cheaper gen3 ssd like a2000 or p5 or if you do benifit from gen4 but dont need the ludicrous speed of a 980 pro then go for a z440, rocket 4.0, or mp600 core

Case is expensive, go for a p400a instead

LL fans are hot garbage cause they get smushed by a cheap arctic p12 fan or any noctua fan, if you want rgb then go for phanteks fsk fans or p12 rgb fans (fsk incl with the p400a)

With the money saved you can prob get an rtx 3080

29 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You can use https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/

It's a good list.

Are you getting that RAM on sale? This is good price 😄 

Personally I would get meshify 2 case, Because I like it more. That's all. 

Thanks I appreciate it! The ram is actually only CL 16 I made a mistake on partpicker 🙂

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tridentz neo are overclocking rams, if you dont overclock em its a massive waste of money, also cl14 is really pricey so avoid that, go for regular cl16 and tighten to cl14

H150i is eh value, go for a dual tower like fuma 2 or a thicc single tower like mugen 5 or if you are searching for max silence then go for a liquid freezer 280/360

Im not really sure if your workloads can utilise the speed of a 980 pro, go for a cheaper gen3 ssd like a2000 or p5 or if you do benifit from gen4 but dont need the ludicrous speed of a 980 pro then go for a z440, rocket 4.0, or mp600 core

Case is expensive, go for a p400a instead

LL fans are hot garbage cause they get smushed by a cheap arctic p12 fan or any noctua fan, if you want rgb then go for phanteks fsk fans or p12 rgb fans (fsk incl with the p400a)

With the money saved you can prob get an rtx 3080

I appreciate the feedback! I tend to run a lot all at the same time, the CL14 was a mistake they are actually CL16. The cooling is more of an aesthetic preference, I much prefer the look of an AIO to a big CPU fan. Other than that, the ssd is a fair point and will definitely look into your suggestions. Thanks! 🙂

1 minute ago, Haruto said:

the CL14 was a mistake they are actually CL16

They are still b die rams so you can prob lower the timings to cl14 though id suggest running ~3800mhz or whatever the highest fclk your cpu will tolerate then start lowering timings from there

2 minutes ago, Haruto said:

The cooling is more of an aesthetic preference, I much prefer the look of an AIO to a big CPU fan

Well atleast the temps will be good although aircoolers will basically last forever whereas aios last ~3-5 years cause permeation or the pump dies