Please help. New laptop/old one for spare parts.

Hello all,

I am currently looking to buy a new but cheap laptop. I am looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series for about $270+tax. I understand that it is not a powerful machine, but I only want it to job search, minor research of hobbies, and run BlueStacks on it so I can stream the free NFL games from their app. Give what it'll be used for I feel that it would adequate for what I need. 

I have a broken dell Inspiron 15 series 5000 that many of the components are still good. Where the DC jack connects to the motherboard fried when it overheated. The touch screen, hard drive, and many other components should be just fine, unless my noob self doesn't realized it all fried lol. 

My question is can I use the broken series 5000 for spare parts, and to upgrade the series 3000? It would be awesome to have a touch screen again, with a better components such as the video card at the low cost of a series 3000. I am by no means a expert, just not afraid to take things apart and put them back together. Is this at all possible and would it be worth doing?

I have done minor repairs and taken more than a few laptops apart. I just know someone on here will have much more knowledge than me. Thank you for your time and any advice will be appreciated.

You should be able to take the RAM but that's about it. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Okay thank you for your response and advice. I was hoping for more, but such is life lol. I'm going to go watch a bunch of tutorials on switching the RAM out to get ready, and see if it is worth doing it.