My pc won't post after upgrading cpu

Legicey

I just upgraded to a ryzen 5 2600 that i bought off of ebay and now my pc won't post. The fans are spinning but nothing is happening. The CPU had no bent pins before i installed it and the seller said it was working but it's not. I really dont want to take out the new CPU and put my ryzen 3 1200 back in unless I absolutely have to because every time I take off my wrath stealth cooler, the bracket falls off my motherboard. Pls help I spent like $170 on this CPU and I really need to do homework.

7 minutes ago, Legicey said:

I just upgraded to a ryzen 5 2600 that i bought off of ebay and now my pc won't post. The fans are spinning but nothing is happening. The CPU had no bent pins before i installed it and the seller said it was working but it's not. I really dont want to take out the new CPU and put my ryzen 3 1200 back in unless I absolutely have to because every time I take off my wrath stealth cooler, the bracket falls off my motherboard. Pls help I spent like $170 on this CPU and I really need to do homework.

What mobo? Did you update your BIOS before you swapped CPU’s? If not, likely need to swap old CPU in, update BIOS, and swap back. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

27 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

What mobo? Did you update your BIOS before you swapped CPU’s? If not, likely need to swap old CPU in, update BIOS, and swap back. 

I frogot to mention, I already upgraded my bios to the latest version. I'm using a gigabyte b450m ds3h. I'm 99.9% sure that the ryzen 5 2600 supports my motherboard.

Ok I reseated the CPU and still nothing. Also when I removed the cooler the new CPU got pulled straight out of the socket. I know that's a bad thing but could that possibly damage my CPU/socket. The CPU pins didnt look bent or anything but idk.

Ok so I just reinstalled the old r3 1200 and my pc booted with no problems. Ether there is something wrong with my bios or my r5 2600 is broken. Here is a photo if it helps anything

16348792290585694509036010507108.jpg

41 minutes ago, Legicey said:

Ok so I just reinstalled the old r3 1200 and my pc booted with no problems. Ether there is something wrong with my bios or my r5 2600 is broken. Here is a photo if it helps anything

16348792290585694509036010507108.jpg

You installed F62d BIOS? What does it do when you try and boot? Is the back center section supposed to be totally empty like that? Sorry I have not used an AMD CPU in like 20 years…. I’m used to seeing Intel CPU’s which have transistors and whatever else in the center on the rear, just trying to confirm this is a real chip.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

Looks like the backside center should be empty. So that’s good, I guess. At least it’s not a reason for concern I should say. 

2 hours ago, Legicey said:

If you have homework to do, just get your work done and don’t stress and worry about the chip. Stressing and quickly trying to solve issues typically leads to poor choices and braking things. I was once a middle schooler trying to update my PC….. went and messed with the BIOS and bricked my PC. This was in like what, 2006? So I have had my fair share of learning since then, and once good thing to learn is patience and getting your work done first, then dealing with issues once you have time to invest into solving the problem.

Id confirm your on the latest BIOS, swap back to new CPU, reset CMOS, then try and boot. 

20 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

You installed F62d BIOS? What does it do when you try and boot? Is the back center section supposed to be totally empty like that? Sorry I have not used an AMD CPU in like 20 years…. I’m used to seeing Intel CPU’s which have transistors and whatever else in the center on the rear, just trying to confirm this is a real chip.

I inatalled bios version f61 a couple months back so it's not the newest version but it should be good enough.

1 minute ago, Legicey said:

I inatalled bios version f61 a couple months back so it's not the newest version but it should be good enough.

just install the latest bios reset cmos and try 

just do what @LIGISTX said

and do that after finishing your homework

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, my name is guru iam tech said:

just install the latest bios reset cmos and try 

just do what @LIGISTX said

and do that after finishing your homework

Would resetting the bios back to factory defaults have the same effect as resetting the cmos?   

5 hours ago, Legicey said:

Would resetting the bios back to factory defaults have the same effect as resetting the cmos?   

no

it won't

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

• 4 weeks later...

I just reset the cmos and and now NOTHING HAPPENEDS. I press the on button but no fans spin up and no lights turn on. I'm kinda freaking out right now. Edit: ok now all of a sudden it desides to boot. I just reseated my cooler but I'll take it. This forum has been a HUGE help, thank you.