Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did I spent too much on this build?

I have decided not to buy a graphics card right now because of the price and go with a build like this:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor (AUD 369)
  2. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler (AUD 59)
  3. Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (AUD 117 )
  4. G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-32000 (4000MHz) DDR4 (AUD 159)
  5. Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (AUD 103)
  6. Corsair RMx 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (AUD 108)
  7. Deepcool - DP-MATX-MATREXX40 case (AUD 59)
  8. ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack (AUD 49)
  9. AOC 24G2 23.8inch IPS 144Hz (AUD 299)

All of this amounts to roughly $1390 incl. shipping and gst.

My target is 30-50 fps at lowest to mid settings(720 or 1080p) on most game except the demanding and new games.

thats just over 1000$us?

Thats not terrible, its a lot for a apu, but you got expensive ssd and ram.

I wouldve gotten cheeper of both and better psu and motherboard, but those are fine

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

With including a monitor price isn't bad but if you haven't ordered it all yet might go to an 850 psu with the current new cards and if cards in the future will draw even more power 550 will be a little short. And at least with nvidia not sure on amd cards but with nvidia even with like a 3060 they recommend a 600 watt but the rtx3000 series is known to have spikes in power that might trip the over current protection on a 550. But the psu recommendation is if you plan for a gpu in the future

Nvidia recommends a 550W psu for an i9-10900K based RTX 3060 system. RM550X is an excellent psu. An 850W PSU is not worth it if quality has to be sacrificed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, KokoKaraWatashiNoRrama said:
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler (AUD 59)
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-32000 (4000MHz) DDR4 (AUD 159)
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (AUD 103)
  • Corsair RMx 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (AUD 108)

Overspending

212 is overrated trash, gets demolished by the se 224 xt which costs 35aud

Unless you wanna tune your ram 4000mhz is not reccomended, go for 3600 or 3733 ram

970 is hot overpriced garbage and has been superceeded by much cheaper and faster ssds

108aud for a 550w is a ripoff though the rmx is a solid unit, get a 750w psu instead

Otherwise the rest of the build seems fine

8 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

thats just over 1000$us?

Thats not terrible, its a lot for a apu, but you got expensive ssd and ram.

I wouldve gotten cheeper of both and better psu and motherboard, but those are fine

Thanks for you reply. About the monitor and motherboard i one of my friends told me the same thing. I should have really gone for a better one, huh?

8 hours ago, crostiger said:

With including a monitor price isn't bad but if you haven't ordered it all yet might go to an 850 psu with the current new cards and if cards in the future will draw even more power 550 will be a little short. And at least with nvidia not sure on amd cards but with nvidia even with like a 3060 they recommend a 600 watt but the rtx3000 series is known to have spikes in power that might trip the over current protection on a 550. But the psu recommendation is if you plan for a gpu in the future

Thanks for your reply.

It's such a shame that I already have ordered this. I guess I have to stick with the restrictions.

By the way, how would a gtx 1080ti or a rtx 2080 do with rm550x power supply?

6 hours ago, brob said:

Nvidia recommends a 550W psu for an i9-10900K based RTX 3060 system. RM550X is an excellent psu. An 850W PSU is not worth it if quality has to be sacrificed.

Thanks for your reply.

i guess I will stick around with 550 for now and upgrade later if i get a very high-end gpu which I hope I could get but who knows.

Just a 1080ti would be good enough for a person like me who has spent his time playing games at 18-25 fps with intel integrated graphics in an i3 laptop. A constant 60 would be a blessing from the lord.

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Overspending

212 is overrated trash, gets demolished by the se 224 xt which costs 35aud

Unless you wanna tune your ram 4000mhz is not reccomended, go for 3600 or 3733 ram

970 is hot overpriced garbage and has been superceeded by much cheaper and faster ssds

108aud for a 550w is a ripoff though the rmx is a solid unit, get a 750w psu instead

Otherwise the rest of the build seems fine

Thanks for your reply.

Darn it! it seems that I overspent on about half of the parts in my build. Well, can't undo what has already been done.

16 minutes ago, KokoKaraWatashiNoRrama said:

Thanks for your reply.

Darn it! it seems that I overspent on about half of the parts in my build. Well, can't undo what has already been done.

Well theres always next time when you build a pc or decide to upgrade this one