Ryzen 9 5900x on 1.7ghz when idle and only boosts to 4.5ghz

rykerz

I just build my first PC, everything is compatible and bios and drivers are up-to-date. The Pc still performs good, but I know I am missing out n some performance because of the lower clock speeds.

My motherboard is an Asus crosshair VIII Dark Hero, if that helps to find the problem. I also have the Ryzen Master software and set it to auto-OC.

I hope someone can help.

1 hour ago, rykerz said:

I just build my first PC, everything is compatible and bios and drivers are up-to-date. The Pc still performs good, but I know I am missing out n some performance because of the lower clock speeds.

My motherboard is an Asus crosshair VIII Dark Hero, if that helps to find the problem. I also have the Ryzen Master software and set it to auto-OC.

I hope someone can help.

What are you doing to make it boost? Have you run any stress tests on it to make it boost as hard as possible?

2 hours ago, whispous said:

What are you doing to make it boost? Have you run any stress tests on it to make it boost as hard as possible?

I used the test in the ryzen master software. When gaming, the max clock also is 4.5ghz

max.75 °c, and I just wanted to say if I don't have auto OC enabled, then it doesn't boost at all. If the Ryzen master software isn't on it will stay at 1.7ghz while in game. 

Ok, it turns out task manager says it boosts to 4.5 and NZXT CAM says that too, now I installed HWmonitor, and it says it boosts to 4.9ghz and is at 3.7ghz when idle (so how it should be). But now I don't know which says the truth, hahaha.