Picking parts for my new PC

MilonPL

Budget (including currency): 1640 USD (6500 PLN)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Metro Exodus, Arma, etc.

Other details: This is my third PC and the first one I will build myself. I am building this one for my other house and I don't want this PC to by a very significant downgrade from the other one.

PC Part Picker list:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cr2Vht

I was wondering if I should go with the i5 11th, i5 10th gen, i7, or maybe Intel Xeon E3 or an AMD CPU. The processor in my main PC is Intel Core i7-9700K, and the GPU is Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC 8GB. For this one I will use two 75hz monitors, 1920x1080 each.
The other thing is I don't really know if I should use water cooling for this PC. I mean, my main PC isn't water-cooled, and I get a little high temperature on both the GPU and the CPU (up to 100C in the summer). Or maybe I should get a water cooling for my main PC and put the old cooler in the new computer.
I will be very thankful if someone helps me with picking the best parts for this build.

19 minutes ago, MilonPL said:

Budget (including currency): 1640 USD (6500 PLN)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Metro Exodus, Arma, etc.

Other details: This is my third PC and the first one I will build myself. I am building this one for my other house and I don't want this PC to by a very significant downgrade from the other one.

PC Part Picker list:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cr2Vht

I was wondering if I should go with the i5 11th, i5 10th gen, i7, or maybe Intel Xeon E3 or an AMD CPU. The processor in my main PC is Intel Core i7-9700K, and the GPU is Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC 8GB. For this one I will use two 75hz monitors, 1920x1080 each.
The other thing is I don't really know if I should use water cooling for this PC. I mean, my main PC isn't water-cooled, and I get a little high temperature on both the GPU and the CPU (up to 100C in the summer). Or maybe I should get a water cooling for my main PC and put the old cooler in the new computer.
I will be very thankful if someone helps me with picking the best parts for this build.

Some things to keep in mind:

Intel is about to release 12th gen (Alder Lake) in November probably, so if you want to go Intel, wait for that. It will have DDR5 memory, so you will be building on a more future proof platform.

Also: what is your plan for a GPU? Be advised that GPUs are way overpriced right now (as in: a GPU that should cost 300 is going for 900). So unless you already have a GPU or can get a good deal on a used one, I would advise going with an AMD build around the 5700G (8 core) or 5600G (6 core). Those CPU's have pretty decent integrated GPUs, which can get you by for now. And they are pretty good CPUs in their own right, only just behind the 5800x and 5600x respectively. In the meantime, you can keep your eyes out for a good deal on a GPU, and put that into the system once you find one.

Water cooling... I am not a fan personally. I would go with a high performance air cooler from Noctua or Be Quiet if you want better temps. AIO watercoolers break in a few years, a good air cooler will last basically forever.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Some things to keep in mind:

Intel is about to release 12th gen (Alder Lake) in November probably, so if you want to go Intel, wait for that. It will have DDR5 memory, so you will be building on a more future proof platform.

Also: what is your plan for a GPU? Be advised that GPUs are way overpriced right now (as in: a GPU that should cost 300 is going for 900). So unless you already have a GPU or can get a good deal on a used one, I would advise going with an AMD build around the 5700G (8 core) or 5600G (6 core). Those CPU's have pretty decent integrated GPUs, which can get you by for now. And they are pretty good CPUs in their own right, only just behind the 5800x and 5600x respectively. In the meantime, you can keep your eyes out for a good deal on a GPU, and put that into the system once you find one.

Water cooling... I am not a fan personally. I would go with a high performance air cooler from Noctua or Be Quiet if you want better temps. AIO watercoolers break in a few years, a good air cooler will last basically forever.

Good luck!

Well, currently I have an old GTX 1050, which isn't good, but it's the best I can afford right now. For the CPU, I think I will go with the Intel Core i7 9th gen for now and upgrade it in 6 or 8 months. I actually never tested or used AMD CPUs, so I will definitely check them.

9 minutes ago, MilonPL said:

Well, currently I have an old GTX 1050, which isn't good, but it's the best I can afford right now. For the CPU, I think I will go with the Intel Core i7 9th gen for now and upgrade it in 6 or 8 months. I actually never tested or used AMD CPUs, so I will definitely check them.

I wouldn't go with an intel 9th gen, if you can even get that anymore, since it is 2 generations behind. You will not be able to upgrade without changing the motherboard as well, basically a whole new system.

Both Intel and AMD are now at the end of the platform, with DDR5 memory and new CPU sockets just around the corner. If you can, I would hold off building a new system until early next year, or until November at least for Intel 12th gen. If not, get the AMD 5000 series or Intel 11th gen at least. Intel 11th gen is WAY better than 9th gen.

GTX 1050 will be fine for now, in that case go for the AMD 5600X instead of the 5600G for example. If you have never built AMD, I recommend it, they are very good CPU's, and have been ahead of Intel the past few years. Only just now with 11th and 12th gen Intel is getting competitive again.

Your current build already looks good for today's standards. Why are you looking to upgrade? I would lean towards a 10700f of 5800X if you want to upgrade. You could also consider going to 9900K, but that would be pretty marginal upgrade (might make the gaming experience smoother though). Going down 2 cores might make the computer feel sluggish in comparison, but that depends on the person more.

I would really recommend to wait longer though. Any upgrade right now wouldn't really feel much different to your current hardware.