Lenovo didn't provided any bios updates to some of their laptops with bios bugs

Hello y'all!

I'm a Legion (model 15ARH05H) user who bought the device approximately last year. Device had bios version FSCN14WW which is factory default for new devices and i have decided to update it first to FSCN15WW then it came out and then FSCN18WW. This isn't a problem is it?

IT IS! Anything above FSCN14WW has atleast two bugs, first being rgb keyboard randomly shining and forgetting every setting unless Lenovo's own app (called Vantage) is opened and settings are changed. Second one is critical for me, device has a setting which allows you to lock battery charging state into 60% (useful if you are using it as a workstation replacement) and you can't change this setting from a Linux distribution. WTF!? I'm using this device for ROS and some other things which works better with Debian based distros (especially Ubuntu).

WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN BIOS UPDATE FIXING THIS BUGS LENOVO ? If you are using an AMD system like me, you are either stuck with FSCN13WW (because FSCN14WW can't be downloaded via normal means) and disable bios updating at all or accept the bugs and update your bios. Meanwhile Intel based Legion 5's (like 15IMH05/15IMH05H) received atleast 4 bios updates after 9th of February with EFCN48WW (approximately 7th of April), EFCN50WW (approximately 27th of April), EFCN51WW (approximately 9th of August) and EFCN52WW (approximately 25th of August).

Is this another Intel vs AMD thing or just Lenovo f*cking with customers? No idea but it isn't ideal at all. 

406829405_Ekrangrnts2021-10-21202927.png.62374465b624f5630e94e3aa9f3c6c25.png    1232396129_Ekrangrnts2021-10-21205113.png.7f5edb9ba28e83ecd1a2abca4a5f9ab2.png

Just look at this, left one shows AMD based Legion 5 and right one is Intel based Legion 5.

Lenovo doesn't care their forums at all or Twitter maybe LTT forums might attract attention?

Thanks.

Probably a case of where since the Intel model is sold more to people (because people have work devices and stuff that are intel based, so they go intel because they know it), they update it more. Could also be their testers haven't found the bugs, so they don't update it.

It is obvious that they are selling more Intel based models compared to AMD ones but it is not how you tell your customers to "you should have bought the Intel one, go buy it now". At the same time it is impossible to not have the bugs as updating the bios is enough for bugs to appear. They just bork after the update, like from 13ww to 15ww and boom laptop restarts with keyboard going nuts or conservative mode (setting for 60% battery charge limit) switching off.