They Obviously Lied - Fake Apple Airpods Max

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Huh, okay

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

If I wanted to get a cheaper gift for my BF, who recently got a normal pair of AirPods, I may get these for him as long as the software spoofing tomfoolery doesn't break.

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

In the video what’s the audio play for iOS with the eq it looks nice?

I do not think you should have posted this video and that you should not post videos like this in the future. Counterfeit products are a real problem and should not be seen as a way to give the finger to the big companies. By purchasing counterfeit products you are basically supporting an illegal organization. This organization does not care about sustainable manufacturing in terms of the environment and okay working conditions. It is also very common that the counterfeit business is only one part of the organizations criminal activities, so by buying their fake products you are also supporting their other operations such as trafficking and drug dealing. Even though you did not straight out recommend them, you did not admonish them which I think you have a responsibility to do. You have a strong brand and people listen to what you say, even if you are making a video for entertainment purposes. I think you should remove the video.

5 minutes ago, Euiko said:

- snip -

By your logic, if someone shows and details the differences between pirated products, they are condoning piracy. 

Another point, saying that by showing counterfeit products you are promoting trafficking etc is like saying that since by buying an iPhone, you are supporting the liquor industry because there are people at apple who drink beer smh.

Did you even watch the video in its entirety. Promax is already down and no one can buy the pro maxes. They showed that.

I don't get the judgement from him regarding the sound quality of the real ones. There are lots of legit reviews out there that grade their linearity close to heaphones that range between 800 and 1k. Also in his original review he was a lot more positive if I remember correctly.

LOL @ Are They a Great Value / Do They Sound Good?

No, but you were shopping for AirPods Max, so you probably don't care about that anyways.

For an AESTHETIC product I guess it fulfills its purpose.

Funny, I looked up the serial of the fake ones in Apples system and many many people have tried to submit a warranty claim on them lol

1 hour ago, Euiko said:

I do not think you should have posted this video and that you should not post videos like this in the future. Counterfeit products are a real problem and should not be seen as a way to give the finger to the big companies. By purchasing counterfeit products you are basically supporting an illegal organization. This organization does not care about sustainable manufacturing in terms of the environment and okay working conditions. It is also very common that the counterfeit business is only one part of the organizations criminal activities, so by buying their fake products you are also supporting their other operations such as trafficking and drug dealing. Even though you did not straight out recommend them, you did not admonish them which I think you have a responsibility to do. You have a strong brand and people listen to what you say, even if you are making a video for entertainment purposes. I think you should remove the video.

You missed 80% of the video where he's mocking it across the board...

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You missed 80% of the video where he's mocking it across the board...

Come on now, acting like you're some important savior is more important than watching the video and giving ad revenue to people who are CLEARLY criminals! That's what LTTStore.com is, it's to launder money 😛

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Can anyone tell me the brand of headphone stand shown at the start of the video? I didn't see it in the notes. Thanks!

Sounds like the LTT writers need to get familiar with Software Defined Radio tools, especially to probe Bluetooth.

An Ubertooth One would be a great to deeply inspect what is going on with the real and fake headphones.

I don't usually comment on forums post about videos but this thumbnail title combo is just straight up shit. I mean I know you did say when you first release the vid it's gonna be a bit clickbaity for the algorithm and what not but this is just fucking disgusting. If I am just a random dude who stumble upon this vid, I would go "Whaaaaat no way Apple don't sell fake shit, as much as I hate Apple stuff surely this is not real". I then click on the video just to find out that it's a counterfeit product

It's trendy to shit on Apple.

Come on.. I expected better than this and I don't even have a single Apple product.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

36 minutes ago, General K3nobi said:

I don't usually comment on forums post about videos but this thumbnail title combo is just straight up shit. I mean I know you did say when you first release the vid it's gonna be a bit clickbaity for the algorithm and what not but this is just fucking disgusting. If I am just a random dude who stumble upon this vid, I would go "Whaaaaat no way Apple don't sell fake shit, as much as I hate Apple stuff surely this is not real". I then click on the video just to find out that it's a counterfeit product

When I saw the thumbnail, I straight up think of some fake Chinese knockoff Aliexpress, with the words FAKE even in the thumbnail. I'm not sure how this would lead you to believe that it was Apple selling this. BUT in any case, what the thumbnail led you to assume is kinda on you.

Anyone can assume anything from a thumbnail but I don't think you can get mad about it. I can even assume this is some fake Apple store selling these headphones from the thumbnail but that's on me being foolish. 

6 hours ago, Euiko said:

i don't know how to tell you this.....but most if not all big legit tech companies benefit from slave labor throughout their supply chain.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

What in the bluest anime hair, bouncing C cup  hell is going on with LTT's videos getting  pimp slapped by bots?

Hmm... Well, I'm not really into premium stuff, so I'm not really sure about this.

Though, with that price, I would spend to get maybe RAM upgrades or so.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

12 hours ago, Arika S said:

i don't know how to tell you this.....but most if not all big legit tech companies benefit from slave labor throughout their supply chain.

Oh come on, its not like they make their workers to wear specific colours of pink that reduces stress and suicidal tendencies, or place protective mesh around high stories buildings to prevent people of committing, oh wait.

12 hours ago, Kadzo said:

Oh come on, its not like they make their workers to wear specific colours of pink that reduces stress and suicidal tendencies, or place protective mesh around high stories buildings to prevent people of committing, oh wait.

that fox something...

anyhow it seem the few people complaing are people that dont watch the video. seems to be a thing now on that.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

On 10/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, Dracarris said:

There are lots of legit reviews out there that grade their linearity close to heaphones that range between 800 and 1k.

...are there? I just did quite a bit of research into headphones before getting a new pair, and I don't think I found anyone saying they were top of their own price range, nevermind higher ones. Airpod Max's have lots of handy features and extremely good ANC, but I just don't see anyone saying they found amazing. Definitely good, yes, but generally they're described as a tossup with the Sony XM4's which are notably a couple hundred bucks less.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:17 PM, OneOfYas said:

It's trendy to shit on Apple.

Come on.. I expected better than this and I don't even have a single Apple product.

Didn't watch the video?

On 10/22/2021 at 3:54 AM, jakkuh_t said:

the part where he said he didnt like the airpods max audio quality was kinda annoying but i get it. i recently got a macbook and it must be the better audio drivers bc the sound quality of airpods is so much better on a mac or macbook than an iphone. pretty sure the problem he has with the airpods is actually an issue with the iphones. i wish i could tell him so he can actually hear the audio theyre capable of

Edited by ung_mac