New to the PC community, and an issue with my first PC. Chassis intrusion. Among one of the things.

Danyboy1738
Go to solution Solved by Danyboy1738,

Solved

Hi to whoever reads this.

So I got given a pc from my friend and I turn it on and I get, "chassis intrusion" and prompts me for a pin, (of which I don't know), and outputs a beep. I also tried to disable chassis intrusion via bios and cleared passwords whilst I was there, but I still get "chassis intrusion". Another thing I tried was just booting straight to windows of which worked, but only for about 30 seconds. I also tried using integrated graphics but nothing was being outputted. There is also no cable/ jumper cap for the intrusion pins on the Mobo'.

I am running: 

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Motherboard DQ57TM

CPU: i5 650

GPU: XFX HD Radeon 4650 Dual DVI 1GB DDR2

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HDD: x2 500GB

PSU: Unknown

Display Cable: DVI to HDMI 1.9m

Display: 1080p, 60Hz, TV

How to fix?

With very little money?

try clearing cmos and see if that works

unplug the computer, take out bettery and if available short the clear cmos pins on your mb, if not just take out the battery and wait a minute

If youve got it working again then id suggest selling that mb + cpu and potentially the ram aswell as the mb prob doesnt allow for bclk overclocking which on an old platform is a neccesity, if the ram is some crappy 1066 or 1333 then yea sell it off and buy some 1600 sticks or faster, in my area i can find 8gb kits of 2400mhz ddr2 for ~35$

Cpu is trash cause its only a hyperthreaded dual core so basically an i3

Buy a cheap h55 or p55 mb, for h55 and p55 id suggest going for gigabyte and asus mbs though other mbs like asrock will prob suffice aswell, this will unlock bclk overclocking

Cpu wise buy a xeon x3440-3470 depending on the price

Rams just buy some 1600mhz or faster sticks

In terms of overclocking this platform, deathzone is ~2.05v, absolute max "safe" ~1.7v, reccomended max safe ~1.6v, so unless you shove 2v through your cpu or let it overheat (115c+) then you arent gonna kill it cause these old platforms are pretty bulletproof, i also suggest watching some tutorials on ocing this platform

I will try resetting cmos, but the other things like overclocking i'm not going to bother with and I currently cant afford anything new for the thing.

also what about my display issues?

30 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

unplug the computer, take out bettery and if available short the clear cmos pins on your mb, if not just take out the battery and wait a minute

If youve got it working again then id suggest selling that mb + cpu and potentially the ram aswell as the mb prob doesnt allow for bclk overclocking which on an old platform is a neccesity, if the ram is some crappy 1066 or 1333 then yea sell it off and buy some 1600 sticks or faster, in my area i can find 8gb kits of 2400mhz ddr2 for ~35$

Buy a cheap h55 or p55 mb, for h55 and p55 id suggest going for gigabyte and asus mbs though other mbs like asrock will prob suffice aswell, this will unlock bclk overclocking

In terms of overclocking this platform, deathzone is ~2.05v, absolute max "safe" ~1.7v, reccomended max safe ~1.6v, so unless you shove 2v through your cpu or let it overheat (115c+) then you arent gonna kill it cause these old platforms are pretty bulletproof, i also suggest watching some tutorials on ocing this platform

24 minutes ago, Danyboy1738 said:

I will try resetting cmos, but the other things like overclocking i'm not going to bother with and I currently cant afford anything new for the thing.

also what about my display issues?

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ok so I cleared the cmos by removing battery but still says "chassis intrusion" on boot, and I went into bios and then the thing just shut off.

1 hour ago, Danyboy1738 said:

Solved

How did you solve it?

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.