First PC Build: Did I select good components?

Cy4Shot

Budget (including currency): ~ 1700 GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General gaming, content creation.

Other details: I don't have access to ethernet, and don't need a lot of storage. 16GB of RAM is more than enough for me.

I have found 3060s for about 570 on Overclockers UK, and manually put in a dummy card into pcpartpicker.

Here is the current list I have: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6t8Lz7

Looks fine in my opinion. You might try to squeeze in higher speed RAM modules with your budget.

Otherwise I'm not familiar with the manufacturer of the monitor that you picked. Did you find good reviews about it or is it just a cheap 1440p 165Hz display?

🥦🥦

2 minutes ago, broccoli27 said:

Looks fine in my opinion. You might try to squeeze in higher speed RAM modules with your budget.

Otherwise I'm not familiar with the manufacturer of the monitor that you picked. Did you find good reviews about it or is it just a cheap 1440p 165Hz display?

Seems to be an all round powerful monitor, for a decent price. Its a sub-brand of AWD-IT.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7nYH68

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£259.99 @ AWD-IT)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  (£55.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£158.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (£74.98 @ Box Limited)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£68.98 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GAMING X Video Card  (£570.00)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.98 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£87.82 @ Box Limited)
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  (£314.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1656.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-21 11:23 BST+0100

Basically changed the monitor upped the ram speed a little and removed a ssd.

No need for a bigger slower drive and smaller quicker one even a sata ssd is fast enough that you won't notice a difference between a blazing fast pcie 4.0 nvme drive and it. I'm not a fan of the sn550 as it's a gamble what drive you get since they keep changing parts for cheaper worse ones on it but not updating the name.

Monitor I added is flat out better for 30 pounds more one of the best in the 300 pounds category and trades blows with monitors double it's price. The G27Q is also an option if you wish.

Ram is 13 pounds more but will give you a nice 5-7% boost in cpu performance so maybe worth for you maybe not. Change to your liking.