Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tom Clancy's Wildlands vs Breakpoint

Dean0919

Hello, there's some nice discount on those two games on Epic Store and I can't decide which one to buy. Can anyone who owns both games tell me which is better and which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: Windows 10 64bit

Honestly, neither. Both are nothing but your copy/paste Ubisoft open world, climb towers to unlock the map and side missions to progress the story Ubisoft title. If you've played any Ubi game in the past 10 years, you've played them already.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Honestly, neither. Both are nothing but your copy/paste Ubisoft open world, climb towers to unlock the map and side missions to progress the story Ubisoft title. If you've played any Ubi game in the past 10 years, you've played them already.

I don't care much about single player. What about coop or multiplayer? I'm in crysis to find suitable game for me. I like shooters, modern world and weapons and I like playing with or against real players.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: Windows 10 64bit

1 minute ago, Dean0919 said:

I don't care much about single player. What about coop or multiplayer? I'm in crysis to find suitable game for me. I like shooters, modern world and weapons and I like playing with or against real players.

Sorry bud, Can't say because I'm the polar opposite. I only play single player and never touch online mode in any game.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Sorry bud, Can't say because I'm the polar opposite. I only play single player and never touch online mode in any game.

Oh okay, no problem.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Even though I 100% agree with everything you say here, me and my friends, who are fans of Arma, Squad, these types of games, we actually enjoy Wildlands very much in COOP when removing almost all HUDs and cranking the difficulty to the max. 

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K@4.7GHz, -0.095mV (Custom IHS, LM)   GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 Ti OC LC@2130MHz + 20Gbps MEM OC 

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 4x8GB@3700MHz, 16-16-16-36, 1.35V   NVMe SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB   #1 SATA SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB   #2 SATA SSD: Crucial MX300 1.05TB

PSU: Corsair HXi 1200W 80-PLUS Platinum   CASE: Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB   MONITOR: Samsung 49" Odyssey CRG9 QLED   SPEAKERS: Corsair SP2500 + FX Audio DAC-X6

Full specs and setup on my profile-page

51 minutes ago, Dean0919 said:

It's the same bland generic ubisoft open world game but now with friends and has singleplayer content removed.

Not good games I recommend you look elsewhere.

I recommend risk of rain 2 for a shooter it's an extremely good game and I stumbled upon it by chance 2 months ago. Me and my friends are having a blast playing it.

1 hour ago, Dean0919 said:

Hello, there's some nice discount on those two games on Epic Store and I can't decide which one to buy. Can anyone who owns both games tell me which is better and which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance

I've played both quite a bit and, personally, I prefer Wildlands.

However, if you like 3rd person action games you'll probably enjoy both.

For me, Wildlands has a better story, is set in a better location, it also doesn't have so many microtransactions shoved down your throat, and I feel it runs and looks better on my pc.

You do know you can try both games, don't you?

If you go to the PC Ubisoft store both games have a very reasonable 10 hour trial, as does The Division and its sequel, and a few other Ubisoft games.

This will enable you to play a decent amount of Wildlands and Breakpoint, see how they run on your rig etc...and then make an informed decision. 

I'd absolutely advise you do this before making a purchase - unless the Epic sale ends in the very immediate future or you have no date left.

If you have to choose between those two, Wildlands. I haven't played Breakpoint but what I saw in videos was a big turn down for me.

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Honestly I don't get the Ubisoft hate. Yes many of their games are open world and haven't really evolved in the last 5 years but neither have other AAA games. To me Ubisoft games are still enjoyable (at least those I played recently). I think the problem is the gaming industry as a whole (especially AAA studios) and in that industry Ubisoft is somewhere in the middle if not a bit higher in terms of their product quality imo.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: ASUS VG248QE

Laptop: LenovoY70-70 | i7-4820hq | 16GB 1600mhz | GTX 960M 4GB | Linux Ubuntu 18.04

32 minutes ago, Montana16 said:

If you have to choose between those two, Wildlands. I haven't played Breakpoint but what I saw in videos was a big turn down for me.

Honestly I don't get the Ubisoft hate. Yes many of their games are open world and haven't really evolved in the last 5 years but neither have other AAA games. To me Ubisoft games are still enjoyable (at least those I played recently). I think the problem is the gaming industry as a whole (especially AAA studios) and in that industry Ubisoft is somewhere in the middle if not a bit higher in terms of their product quality imo.

I agree.

Wildlands was decent, The Division (at least the 1-30 story experience) was excellent, and the sequel wasn't bad.

All told, their back catalogue and newer stuff isn't half as bad as some people make out.

21 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I've played both quite a bit and, personally, I prefer Wildlands.

However, if you like 3rd person action games you'll probably enjoy both.

For me, Wildlands has a better story, is set in a better location, it also doesn't have so many microtransactions shoved down your throat, and I feel it runs and looks better on my pc.

You do know you can try both games, don't you?

If you go to the PC Ubisoft store both games have a very reasonable 10 hour trial, as does The Division and its sequel, and a few other Ubisoft games.

This will enable you to play a decent amount of Wildlands and Breakpoint, see how they run on your rig etc...and then make an informed decision. 

I'd absolutely advise you do this before making a purchase - unless the Epic sale ends in the very immediate future or you have no date left.

I didn't know about trial period. That's very helpful, thank you. I'll try both and then decide which one to buy. I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters, but in the lack of good shooter games, I'm willing to buy the game and play.

14 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

I didn't know about trial period. That's very helpful, thank you. I'll try both and then decide which one to buy. I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters, but in the lack of good shooter games, I'm willing to buy the game and play.

Glad to help.

The trials are 10 hours so more than enough time to get a feel for which one you prefer.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wildlands way better. Breakpoint is something that never should've existed, in my opinion. Such a weak game.

Leonidas

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Monitors: Acer Nitro XV272U 1440p 170Hz IPS / Acer KG240 1080p 144Hz TN | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB / WD SN550 1TB  / Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

On 10/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, GreatnessRD said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Wildlands way better. Breakpoint is something that never should've existed, in my opinion. Such a weak game.

I agree with that.

Breakpoint felt like a confused mess.