My drivers are all out of date...

fatchiqqa

Hey everyone, 

Anyone have a good way to update/ keep track of which drivers need to be updated? If anyone knows of a free program that would be much appreciated.

I see this question asked in various forms by people new to PC's but I think its massively overthought. Windows is going to take care of the majority and the rest.. maybe chipset, GPU, wifi/bluetooth.. doesn't really take much effort. 

Don't sweat it. Install the latest things when you build the PC then just update something when necessary. I'm sure there are slightly newer versions of my wifi/bluetooth/network drivers all the time out there but there is no reason to touch anything unless something isn't working as expected.

I check every now and then on AMD's site for the latest B550 chipset driver since I want to keep that updated.. GeForce Experience pings me when there is a new Nvidia driver and.. well that's about as much effort as I put into it. Been at this for many, many years.

Now if something stops working, then I'll seek out a related driver to update.

Any of those 3rd party programs that say they do this all for you are usually trash.

GPU drivers are the only thing I update with any regularity. The driver includes an update check. Anything else, I don't really worry about.

I would stay away from any third party tools or sites that promise driver update checks. Those are pretty much always garbage.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply