Trying to update PSU on my HP

I'm not tech savvy. Found some HP power supplies that will work with my system, currently have a 400 watt power supply and it looks like the maximum power supply I can upgrade to is 500 watts with the HP PSU. Just looking for input on if there is a better power supply that I can update to that will be more useful then a power supply that is specifically only for hp's I know it is an HP envy, I'm not sure which Erica board it is.

Thanks y'all!!

Welcome to the LTT forums! I am tracking down the model of your PC no. Would you be willing to share any relevant specs to narrow it down? Also your photos have some valuable data displayed such as serial #s and stuff I would recommend redacting that data, it can be used maliciously. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Alright it looks like you have the TG01-0023w with a Ryzen 3500 and a GTX 1650 super. Truth fully I see no reason to go beyond 500 watts with your current system even if you chuck a 3700x and a RTX 3070 in there you will still have over 100 watts of overclocking and other headroom. Also the PSU+MOBO is indeed proprietary, your MOBO does not have the ability to support 24 pin ATX connectors.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Thanks for the advice!! That was super helpful 😀. Love LTT love you guys, will eventually get standard motherboard and build my own PC when GPU Armageddon had long subsided. Thanks!!

• 1 year later...

Got a blue screen of death. Computer won't post. 3 low beeps 2 high beeps. Is there any problems that you see that are the most obvious why this might be happening. Thanks