Looking for a durable laptop with a good battery for under $1400

I'm looking for a laptop that has a really good battery that can last for atleast 5-6 hours while doing a lot of web browsing, and is also very durable. In terms of performance i dont think i need a dedicated GPU, especially if that decreases the battery life. But maybe like an Intel Iris or an AMD APU would be enough, and for RAM i need at least 16gb (32gb would be better, but that might be too much for my budget?)

The plan is to use it for mostly doing work in a web browser, doing document editing in MS Office, and also doing some photo editing in lightroom or photoshop. Possibly all at the same time, so thats why 16gb of ram is the minimum for me. Also I might try to use it for light video editing, but thats probably gonna be pushing it too much so I'll probably just do that on my PC or Gaming laptop. I also don't do a lot of gaming nowadays, probably just Minecraft, so gaming performance doesn't really matter for me.

My budget is actually in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), I wanna keep it under IDR20,000,000 (around $1400), but if there is a really good option then I could go up to IDR25,000,000 (around $1700).

Currently I'm kinda attached with the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1 Carbon GEN 5. It has an i7-10510 and 16gb of ram which i think is pretty good and afaik thinkpads are supposed to be durable and has good build quality. But the problem is that it only has a UHD 620 graphics, so i'm not sure how good that is for running Lightroom and Photoshop. And also apparently the battery is actually not that great?

Would that laptop be enough for my use case or is there a similar but better laptop in my price range? Also, I haven't been keeping up with the new laptops, and theres a lot of laptops so i have no idea which one is good

Thanks everyone

UHD 620 Graphics should be just fine for editing photos. I'm running a 7500 U in my laptop with similar workloads (Darkroom and GIMP) and that's great for me. I've been eyeing the Framework laptop, though lack of a touchscreen keeps me from going for it. I'm currently running a convertible HP Envy, and though it's durability isn't that great (I have to replace the touchscreen  again) I still really like this laptop.

Macs are marketed for that workload and it shows. I'll never buy one, because I'm a Linux junkie, but I know quite a few people who will die with a mac. The M1 Mac looks good.

The Thinkpad is really nice tbh. I don't know how the screen is, but it's a solid laptop

As for Minecraft, even a 7 year old potato will run Minecraft

36 minutes ago, Siapa hayoo said:

I'm looking for a laptop that has a really good battery that can last for atleast 5-6 hours while doing a lot of web browsing, and is also very durable. In terms of performance i dont think i need a dedicated GPU, especially if that decreases the battery life. But maybe like an Intel Iris or an AMD APU would be enough, and for RAM i need at least 16gb (32gb would be better, but that might be too much for my budget?)

The plan is to use it for mostly doing work in a web browser, doing document editing in MS Office, and also doing some photo editing in lightroom or photoshop. Possibly all at the same time, so thats why 16gb of ram is the minimum for me. Also I might try to use it for light video editing, but thats probably gonna be pushing it too much so I'll probably just do that on my PC or Gaming laptop. I also don't do a lot of gaming nowadays, probably just Minecraft, so gaming performance doesn't really matter for me.

My budget is actually in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), I wanna keep it under IDR20,000,000 (around $1400), but if there is a really good option then I could go up to IDR25,000,000 (around $1700).

Currently I'm kinda attached with the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1 Carbon GEN 5. It has an i7-10510 and 16gb of ram which i think is pretty good and afaik thinkpads are supposed to be durable and has good build quality. But the problem is that it only has a UHD 620 graphics, so i'm not sure how good that is for running Lightroom and Photoshop. And also apparently the battery is actually not that great?

Would that laptop be enough for my use case or is there a similar but better laptop in my price range? Also, I haven't been keeping up with the new laptops, and theres a lot of laptops so i have no idea which one is good

Thanks everyone

i think so macbook air is good

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

3 hours ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

i think so macbook air is good

The original plan was to buy the M1 Macbook air, as it was a perfect balance of portability (great battery life and form factor) and also great performance, but the lack of ports and the apparently super fragile screen kinda turned me away.

1 minute ago, Siapa hayoo said:

The original plan was to buy the M1 Macbook air, as it was a perfect balance of portability (great battery life and form factor) and also great performance, but the lack of ports and the apparently super fragile screen kinda turned me away.

oh ok

what about ideapad flex 3 (11iglo5)

i use it and it is very good

very good battery life, very portable, reasonably durable, and good lightroom and photoshop performance 

3 hours ago, estiar said:

UHD 620 Graphics should be just fine for editing photos. I'm running a 7500 U in my laptop with similar workloads (Darkroom and GIMP) and that's great for me. I've been eyeing the Framework laptop, though lack of a touchscreen keeps me from going for it. I'm currently running a convertible HP Envy, and though it's durability isn't that great (I have to replace the touchscreen  again) I still really like this laptop.

Macs are marketed for that workload and it shows. I'll never buy one, because I'm a Linux junkie, but I know quite a few people who will die with a mac. The M1 Mac looks good.

The Thinkpad is really nice tbh. I don't know how the screen is, but it's a solid laptop

Okay, I guess now I just need to figure out how long the battery on this laptop would last. 

3 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

ideapad flex 3 (11iglo5)

Can you link me to the product page for that laptop? the first link i found shows an Intel Celeron laptop with 4gb of ram

11 minutes ago, Siapa hayoo said:

Can you link me to the product page for that laptop? the first link i found shows an Intel Celeron laptop with 4gb of ram

11 minutes ago, Siapa hayoo said:

Can you link me to the product page for that laptop? the first link i found shows an Intel Celeron laptop with 4gb or ram

you are right

it is that only the celeron is correct

oh yeah

you need 16gb of ram

iam sorry

5 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

you are right

it is that only the celeron is correct

oh yeah

you need 16gb of ram

iam sorry

its okay

4 hours ago, estiar said:

Oh also, do you do any programming? I am just doing some web programming, but trying to also do some android apps programming, do you think it can handle running things like Android Studio and an Android VM?

18 minutes ago, Siapa hayoo said:

Oh also, do you do any programming? I am just doing some web programming, but trying to also do some android apps programming, do you think it can handle running things like Android Studio and an Android VM?

iam sure it can!!

4 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

iam sure it can!!

ah okay, thanks!

Just now, Siapa hayoo said:

ah okay, thanks!

your welcome