Weird text appearing in LTT YouTube videos

LogqnTyler

What web browser are you using? If you are using a beta of Safari, Edge, Brave, etc., it might be glitching. Try using a different Browser.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

2 minutes ago, EDK Tech said:

What web browser are you using? If you are using a beta of Safari, Edge, Brave, etc., it might be glitching. Try using a different Browser.

It looks like your browser is glitching. I just tested in Brave, and didn't have that issue, same video.

Youtube is displaying notes that "Colin" (I think that is an editor) put in. The words Colin, only you can see this, cease your investigations immediately' is either the notes I mentioned before, or a glitch, or even a virus.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Looks like editors having some fun. Making one frame long notes appear. You wouldn't normally see those because YouTube doesn't have enough fine control. The upper seems to be some notes they forgot to remove before rendering.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Interesting.  This isn't in the video itself, it's being rendered as white on white as an overlay during playback.  This is def someone trolling with a white on white message, but the seek controls adds a dark gradient to the video but not the overlay. 

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

2 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

This isn't in the video itself, it's being rendered as white on white as an overlay during playback.

Just white, and slightly off white (I downloaded the video and cranked the contrast).  It's in the video itself, you can slightly see it as it zooms in and intrudes on the boarder which is grey.

The full message from the video

Fun fact, Vox copied my

method of using difference

mode to view Magic Eyes.

With the same shark image.

dZw0dR2e6UQ?t=92

v8O8Em_RPNg?t=482

Makes me wonder how many more videos Taran edited that have the hidden messages in it

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Looks like editors having some fun. Making one frame long notes appear. You wouldn't normally see those because YouTube doesn't have enough fine control. The upper seems to be some notes they forgot to remove before rendering.

Just a weird rendering thing with Chromium browsers apparently (firefox doesn't do it).  It's actually in the video for a few seconds, just slightly off white...Chromium just is weird in doing a contrast when the nav bar is up (unless you try doing a screen shot which then it doesn't).  Weird

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You wouldn't normally see those because YouTube doesn't have enough fine control.

You can move frame by frame when the video is paused using "." to move forwards, and "," to move backwards.

26 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You can move frame by frame when the video is paused using "." to move forwards, and "," to move backwards.

Good to know. I mainly use MPC-HC to frame-by-frame stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

dZw0dR2e6UQ?t=92

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

v8O8Em_RPNg?t=482

Those are links to the videos referenced in the message.

Should be timestamped.