The end of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency in sight?

BTC has now a 200usd drop in 24 Hours and still dropping hot as is droping Litecoin could this mean the end of bitcoin or cryptocurrency sins the past weeks and months of bad news reportings....

zwtf.png

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

coins drop all the time, hopefully it will die but I doubt it will because stupid people like to put value on things that don't have any actual value.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

BTC has now a 200usd drop in 24 Hours and still dropping like it's hot, as is Litecoin. could this mean the end of bitcoin or cryptocurrency? Signs over the past weeks as well as months of bad news...

zwtf.png

I'm sorry, it hurt my eyes. I'm sorry, I really am.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

coins drop all the time, hopefully it will die but I doubt it will because stupid people like to put value on things that don't have any actual value.

You mean like money?

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I think it very well could die soon. However I hope it tanks and builds back up gradually. Explosive growth like that we have seen is not good in the long term.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You mean like money?

You stole my line.

Fun fact: We still use the barter system. We trade our time (jobs) for units of currency that everyone trusts is valuable to other people and can be traded for goods. So the currency is a pseudo for our time. We are bartering our time for goods. 

Just saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You stole my line.

Fun fact: We still use the barter system. We trade our time (jobs) for units of currency that everyone trusts is valuable to other people and can be traded for goods. So the currency is a pseudo for our time. We are bartering our time for goods. 

Just saying.

Yea, it's quite an interesting system when you think  about it.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I have no clue why you feel like that but I have a STRONG feeling you highly misinformed about bitcoin and its beneficial use-cases. Currently, when you buy something online, you give the site not only your name, but also your house address, email address, credit card info, and whatever other info they want to have. Bitcoin allows you to purchase something online without giving up your information to sites, and the hackers who hack those sites...Also, in order for money to be sent quickly around your country and even the world requires massive fees placed by money transfer companies(who do need to profit). Bitcoin allows you to send money to anyone in the world for free, or an extremely small miner's fee. I don't know what your gripe with crypto-currency is, but information is key in making an informed decision on a subject. 

One 7950s' all I need...

Cryptocurrency isn't gonna die as a whole, if bitcoin dies. 

Economics, study it buddy lol...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

IT WILL DIE AND AMD CARDS WILL BE LIBERATED FROM THE SLAVE WORLD!

VOTE FOR RASHY - Linus Tech Tips Liberator Politcial Party [LTT-LPP] 

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I used to be very optimistic about crypto-currency but not anymore

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I'm surprised your butthole didn't get torn harder than it did for this

Error: 410

IT WILL DIE AND AMD CARDS WILL BE LIBERATED FROM THE SLAVE WORLD!

VOTE FOR RASHY - Linus Tech Tips Liberator Politcial Party [LTT-LPP] 

Downvote :P

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Either you were hoping to get likes for that post or are completely ignorant on how the economy works.

I hope its the first one because if you actually meant it then... i feel bad for you son

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Sorry to burst the little party but its rising again. Bitcoin is very resilient. It still here after the Mt.Gox crash. It will still be here after a market dip.

I have no clue why you feel like that but I have a STRONG feeling you highly misinformed about bitcoin and its beneficial use-cases. Currently, when you buy something online, you give the site not only your name, but also your house address, email address, credit card info, and whatever other info they want to have. Bitcoin allows you to purchase something online without giving up your information to sites, and the hackers who hack those sites...Also, in order for money to be sent quickly around your country and even the world requires massive fees placed by money transfer companies(who do need to profit). Bitcoin allows you to send money to anyone in the world for free, or an extremely small miner's fee. I don't know what your gripe with crypto-currency is, but information is key in making an informed decision on a subject. 

I completely agree with you my friend ;)

Bitcoin will not die, the price is stabilizing around its true value. The speculators are gone and the real beleivers in the power of bitcoin are left!! :ph34r:

'The end of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency in sight?'

To be honest, I couldn't give a f**k either way lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Maybe it's because it's now going to be treated as a "property" and taxable by government. This completely kills any "underground" cred it previously had. I used to mine for fun, but then douchebags kept artificially spiking GPU prices for honest people on top of also leeching/abusing access to free electricity...I'm not sympathetic in the slightest. In no sane universe should a fake coin be worth over a grand vs tangible objects. Even if I did get into Bitcoin early, I would still hold the opinion that people were suckers to buy fake coins from me at such a high price. :P

Protip: Gold is real, bytes of data are just bytes of data. SORRY.

As long as there are people like you, it will never die :)

Maybe it's because it's now going to be treated as a "property" and taxable by government. This completely kills any "underground" cred it previously had. I used to mine for fun, but then douchebags kept artificially spiking GPU prices for honest people on top of also leeching/abusing access to free electricity...I'm not sympathetic in the slightest. In no sane universe should a fake coin be worth over a grand vs tangible objects. Even if I did get into Bitcoin early, I would still hold the opinion that people were suckers to buy fake coins from me at such a high price. :P

Feel free to send my all your website logins and passwords, preferably bank accounts and such. They are  just bytes of data, they aren't worth anything. :rolleyes:

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Oh yes and when did the united states (the worlds defacto reserve currency) stop using the gold standard. Most currencies have no inherent value its based around market factors associated with countries where the currency is primarily used, but this is also the flaw with crypto currencies atm once the speculation and get rich quick factor has gone there’s nothing for it to fall back on to help define its value, its not like a real currency as its not associated with processes or goods that give it value, and its not like shares that are influenced by companies successes or failure's.

That said it does have one anchor point, the cost of energy but that value isn't exactly something thats coherent internationally so if crypto currency leans back on energy costs to define its value it will loose its international-ness because it will cost more to produce in certain regions (say certain european countries which are completely renewable based energy wise). Ironically you might see crypto coin production hubs.

I remember last January the Bitcoin dropped to around $60, then about 6 months later it spiked up $2,000. It'll go back up eventually. 

COMIC SANS

Its just in a low spot right now , who knows the out come

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Do you mean all the money in the world? Currencies are no longer backed by gold for a long time now, so basically, it has the value that give to it.