Gigabyte 5700xt replacing shroud with 2x120mm case fans

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

https://www.amazon.com/GELID-SOLUTIONS-PWM-Adapter-Cooler/dp/B005ZKZEQA

This thing works on gigabyte cards since they are still using the same connector from before.

As for fans yeah p12's will do but this is one of the situations where getting some nice noctua a series stuff won't hurt at all.

As for power 0.08*2 = 0.16 which is less than the 0.35 A the stock fans need. So all good there.

People usually just set one speed for the fans and that is it when they use the motherboard. But gigabyte does work with that adapter on almost all of their cards. The 5700xt should be included in that.

Oh and golden tip STORE THE FANS AND SCREWS IN A BAG AND IN A GOOD BOX DO NOT LOOSE THEM. If you ever want to sell the card put that stuff back on because a diy'd card like that is basically unsellable.

Hello! First time poster here. 
I need some help concerning my 5700xt project. 

I'm planning to remove the original shroud/fan assembly off of my Gigabyte 5700xt and replace it with two Actic P12s. Reason for that simply being noise. I don't want to run them using a motherboard fanheader, so I'm planning to connect them to my GPU fanheader and let them be controlled via that. Thing is, I can't find any diagram or something of that sort onling showing me what pin is responsible for what and in which orientation. 

Also I'm unsure on how the fans will behave. The original assebly is rated for 12V 0.35AMP while one arctic fan is 12V 0.08AMP. Will that be a problem?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english 🙂

This thing works on gigabyte cards since they are still using the same connector from before.

As for fans yeah p12's will do but this is one of the situations where getting some nice noctua a series stuff won't hurt at all.

As for power 0.08*2 = 0.16 which is less than the 0.35 A the stock fans need. So all good there.

People usually just set one speed for the fans and that is it when they use the motherboard. But gigabyte does work with that adapter on almost all of their cards. The 5700xt should be included in that.

Oh and golden tip STORE THE FANS AND SCREWS IN A BAG AND IN A GOOD BOX DO NOT LOOSE THEM. If you ever want to sell the card put that stuff back on because a diy'd card like that is basically unsellable.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thank you very much. I was going to build my own solution but that adapter saves me a lot of pain and agony. The selling it thing is already over since I painted it.

15 minutes ago, hergarian said:

Thank you very much. I was going to build my own solution but that adapter saves me a lot of pain and agony. The selling it thing is already over since I painted it.

Painting it never really hurts the value