Advice regarding case fan purchase

just tilt
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

The s340 just sucks for airflow and is another negative airflow case to get the best performance out of it. So basically stock config with the best fans you can afford which would either be the Arctic p series or the noctua nf series.

I'm looking to replace all of my stock fans on my NZXT S340 case, as one of the bearings is starting to make some noise. I would like some help in getting the airflow right, as I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

I was wondering if I could use two CM MasterFan 120 Halos as intake fans? If so, which of the below could I use as exhaust fans, and how many/where could I place them? As far as I know, the NZXT S340 case has two 120/140mm case fan slots in the front, one 120mm at the top, and one 120mm at the back.

As I'm living in a shithole country, I have access to limited case fan options. Case fans that I have the access to are:

1. Noctua NF-P12 redux 1700

2. Arctic P12 PWM

3. Arctic F14 PWM

4. Arctic F12 PWM

5. Noctua NF-P14 both S and R versions

6. Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo

The s340 just sucks for airflow and is another negative airflow case to get the best performance out of it. So basically stock config with the best fans you can afford which would either be the Arctic p series or the noctua nf series.

50 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So, you are saying that I should keep one exhaust fan at the top, and one exhaust fan at the back, without adding any front intake fans?

4 minutes ago, just tilt said:

So, you are saying that I should keep one exhaust fan at the top, and one exhaust fan at the back, without adding any front intake fans?

Yup. It's how these cases function best as they pull some air from other places too then. It's the best you can do in this bad airflow case.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yup. It's how these cases function best as they pull some air from other places too then. It's the best you can do in this bad airflow case.

Okay, thank you so much!