Which HDD should I choose?

KhanRas
Go to solution Solved by Flufflebutt,

From what I found out after a quick search on Google and Reddit it seems like EZRZ is the better option but it seems as a game drive it doesn't make much of a difference.

This is the most competent post I could find on Reddit about the subject:

"TitusImmortalis:
I think in a normal computer it won't really make a huge difference except under big write loads, so if you're installing your steam library or a ton of games on there then you'll notice a buffer overflow I think, but reading data (which is what games are mainly all about) will probably be fine.

If you're concerned about consistent performance I would say a CMR drive is your best bet, but I don't think there'll be a real difference in a standard home computer."

Seems like it only really makes a difference if you want to put the drive in a RAID array

My old HDD died, and I need a new one. I browsed a store and they have two WD blue 4TB(EZAZ and EZRZ). Both have the same price ~99$, the EZAZ has 256MB cache. I use the drive to store old game and video, so which should I choose?

From what I found out after a quick search on Google and Reddit it seems like EZRZ is the better option but it seems as a game drive it doesn't make much of a difference.

This is the most competent post I could find on Reddit about the subject:

"TitusImmortalis:
I think in a normal computer it won't really make a huge difference except under big write loads, so if you're installing your steam library or a ton of games on there then you'll notice a buffer overflow I think, but reading data (which is what games are mainly all about) will probably be fine.

If you're concerned about consistent performance I would say a CMR drive is your best bet, but I don't think there'll be a real difference in a standard home computer."

Seems like it only really makes a difference if you want to put the drive in a RAID array