Can't Force application to use correct (3090) gpu for encoding tasks....

I come to you in a time of need. Desperate NEED of help. I have solved this problem once before and it was pretty darn simple... but now - since I guess windows 11 I just can't fix it. 

Basically I have 2 GPUs (3090) and a 1030 - the latter used for multi display support and thats it! 

When I used to render videos in premiere pro, to start with, it would en code them using the 1030. An issue that was fixed by changing the CUDA selected card in NVCP.... this however is not working this time. And although everything (to my knowledge) is telling Premiere pro to use the 3090 (NVCP, 3d application settings even graphic options in windows 11) it still wants to use he 1030 - unless I chose software - which is still far FAR too long to render a 7 minute video. We are ooking at 30 minutes to over an hour... 

Please, does anyone have any idea what the hiccup could be? 

Like I said, it worked before.... it was an issue that was resolved, since the update and a move around of my office (no upgraded internal parts) it just wont work now.

Thanks! Stewey,image.png.3e502cedcb7b52f28cb0229813eb6715.png

image.png

Does Premiere Pro not have its own option to set the GPU that is used?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 minutes ago, tikker said:

Does Premiere Pro not have its own option to set the GPU that is used?

Sadly not. It lets you select hardware or software but not the specific hardware

7 minutes ago, Steweymyster said:

Sadly not. It lets you select hardware or software but not the specific hardware

Ah shame. Did you try setting it in the NCP under Program Settings specifically for Premiere Pro instead of just under Global Settings?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

16 hours ago, tikker said:

Ah shame. Did you try setting it in the NCP under Program Settings specifically for Premiere Pro instead of just under Global Settings?

Yup! Its a real nightmare, I've solved once before but this is just a pain now