Not sure where to put this but... My monitors are blinking every few seconds when I attempt to watch netflix?

Citrusflavour01

Not sure if it's GPU related or something else? Only starts blinking to black when I attempt to play a video and the frame rate sometimes drops too (for the video).This has been going on for 2 weeks or so now and never had problems with it before聽馃槙聽I really didn't know where to post this topic, sorry! FYI I'm indeed using Microsoft Edge. I'm using Edge for 4k playback. Temps not an issue.

MAG B550 Tomahawk | Ryzen 5 5600x聽| 32GB Trident Z neo CL18 - 2x 16GB 3600mhz聽| RTX 3060 TI聽| 1TB Sabrent 4.0 Rocket NVMe聽| 500GB 3.0 Adata聽NVMe聽| RM750x Corsair聽| Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo 2x fans聽| AF120 | MB520 RGB Mid Tower聽|

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X聽|Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16| RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X聽| 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe聽| 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0聽| RM750x Corsair聽| Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX| Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB聽

46 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

Not sure if it's GPU related or something else? Only starts blinking to black when I attempt to play a video and the frame rate sometimes drops too (for the video).This has been going on for 2 weeks or so now and never had problems with it before聽馃槙聽I really didn't know where to post this topic, sorry! FYI I'm indeed using Microsoft Edge. I'm using Edge for 4k playback.

Troubleshooting is I would personally say a gud鈥檔uf聽聽place. 聽It is troubling after all. Downside is troubleshooting starts at the bottom because various things might cause such a thing need to be ruled out. 聽Step 1 is to include system specs. 聽Makes things go a lot faster because often whole聽swaths of stuff can be ruled out just by looking at the list. 聽Next would be to rule out a heat issue: 聽Have you been monitoring temps?聽

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, Bombastinator said:

Troubleshooting is I would personally say a gud鈥檔uf聽聽place. 聽It is troubling after all. Downside is troubleshooting starts at the bottom because various things might cause such a thing need to be ruled out. 聽Step 1 is to include system specs. 聽Makes things go a lot faster because often whole聽swaths of stuff can be ruled out just by looking at the list. 聽Next would be to rule out a heat issue: 聽Have you been monitoring temps?聽

I can confirm that the temps are not a problem at all! The specs are in my signature.

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X聽|Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16| RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X聽| 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe聽| 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0聽| RM750x Corsair聽| Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX| Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB聽

6 hours ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

I can confirm that the temps are not a problem at all! The specs are in my signature.

Next would be a hardware or software thing. 聽I鈥檓 leaning towards software myself. 聽The equipment is working and is new enough to be in its service envelope. 聽Generally if there is hardware聽stuff the machine is either brand new or very old. This appears to be neither. I I do wonder if your memory is actually running at it鈥檚 rated speed, but that is probably not terribly important. If it鈥檚 blinking out and coming back with occasional slowdowns it vaguely聽implies some sort of software memory buffer thing, but really really vaguely. If it鈥檚 even there it could be in lots of places. 聽Have you tried switching browsers or using a dedicated application to play the video? 聽Might help, might not.

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Disable hardware acceleration in your browser and see if that changes the behavior.
I had a similar issue with Netflix in fullscreen. Turning off aforementioned option fixed it, but also introduced overall laggyness.

Now that I think about it, I think it went away when I either replaced my GPU or when I switched to Windows 11.