Fans Spin, Ram & GPU lights on, but no monitor, or even Peripheral illumination???

TVwazhere

So Velka 5 V2.0 is giving my GF issue and so I'm turning to the community for help. 

Velka was turned on as recently as last week with no issues, but today I was called over because the lights were on but no video out. I come over, and the keyboard lights aernt on which concerns me. I brought it home to very partially disassemble, clear Cmos pins (I think the battery is on the back of this thing or buried under heat sinks), no dice. At best, after the Cmos clear the PC won't even hard power off with the button, the light flashes at me in mock defiance to my commands. 

I have surmised two options. 

A: PSU is bad. Now in case you're still reading and haven't actually looked at the build log yet, it's a flex ATX PSU. So not exactly easy to replace, especially since this one was about $150 and specifically sourced from Velkase. 

B: Mobo went bad. Honestly when I think about how much work it's gonna be to get this board out, I kinda want it to be a PSU issue 😂 

Very very distant option C is the CPU is dead? Extremely unlikely given they symptoms. 

Anyone have any ideas? It's the no peripheral lighting for me that's screwing with me, because if it was a GPU issue, my peripherals (multiple tested) work, and multiple monitors and multiple cables and multiple video ports all work correctly. 

I have a PSU in the basement I can try later in the week when I have time, but with the GPU and Ram LEDs working, I'm leaning away from that 

(I swear to Mortis if this little shit boots totally fine tomorrow morning....) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

CPUs are pretty hard to break. I assume it would be more of a motherboard issue.

Do you have any method of testing the power supply? I assume you have another PC around. But sadly I do think it's a motherboard issue - I've had similar symptoms from systems with dead boards.

13 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

CPUs are pretty hard to break. I assume it would be more of a motherboard issue.

Do you have any method of testing the power supply? I assume you have another PC around. But sadly I do think it's a motherboard issue - I've had similar symptoms from systems with dead boards.

I've got an EVGA 24 pin jumper I can use, but that's it. Basically a glorified paper clip 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I've got an EVGA 24 pin jumper I can use, but that's it. Basically a glorified paper clip 

Alright, if the PSU has a power light on it that could be used to troubleshoot. I've used one of those to troubleshoot a couple PSUs in my day too lol

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Alright, if the PSU has a power light on it that could be used to troubleshoot. I've used one of those to troubleshoot a couple PSUs in my day too lol

The PSU is as black as a cloudy night. No dice there 

Just now, TVwazhere said:

The PSU is as black as a cloudy night. No dice there 

Alright. So no voltmeter or anything lying around you could stick across those pins?

In that case your best bet is to try the PSU on a different board, or try a different PSU on that board.

10 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

try a different PSU on that board.

I have an Extra PSU lying around, so that's my next option.