HDMI 1.2/1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converter/adapter/booster

Dansterdam

I’ve just got a Samsung odyssey G7 (2021), where as I have no issue with my PC (that’s running display port), I have my work laptop using the same monitor and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a HDMI 1.2/1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converter/adapter/booster.

As far as I know it’s not technically possible, but my college is adamant that this is a thing. If so could anyone recommend a specific make/model.

Check out Club3D, you can find them on Amazon. According to Wendell from Level1Techs they make the highest quality cables and adapters.

They may have something that would work for you.

Finding their stuff on Amazon is kinda difficult, I would check their website first to see what all of their products are then find the specific on Amazon.

So, i'm trying to better understand what problem you're trying to solve with this laptop?

4 hours ago, Dansterdam said:

I’ve just got a Samsung odyssey G7 (2021), where as I have no issue with my PC (that’s running display port), I have my work laptop using the same monitor and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a HDMI 1.2/1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converter/adapter/booster.

As far as I know it’s not technically possible, but my college is adamant that this is a thing. If so could anyone recommend a specific make/model.

hdmi 1.2/1.4 to hdmi 2.1? no not possible. you cant get the speed out of 1.2, 1.4 nor 2.0 to do hdmi 2.1 bandwidth.  your stuck with the resolutions the older hdmi can handle. i mean older will work in hdmi 2.1 but you wont get the 4k 120 444 10bit that 2.1 can do
now displayport 1.4 to hdmi 2.1 yes dp has the bandwidth
https://www.amazon.com/UPTab-DisplayPort-Adapter-displays-4096x2160/dp/B01B6ZOMIS