MSI A650GF vs Seasonic Focus Plus Gold GX-650 (SSR-650FX)

braveheart0808

At the same price point, which one would you go for?

Both have 10 year warranty.

Seasonic has a silent mode, and it can be turned off too, however it uses a 120mm fan.

The MSI have few reviews but seems good, and uses 140mm fan.   

Let me know your thoughts thank you!

MSI customer service makes me want to commit die

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

MSI customer service makes me want to commit die

oh no, i just bought their motherboard.

26 minutes ago, braveheart0808 said:

oh no, i just bought their motherboard.

Well, since seasonic doesn't make motherboards there's not as much of a comparison. When it comes to the most popular AIBs, (Asus MSI gigabyte etc) they tend to have pretty infamous customer support, so you're typically screwed a bit regardless. The only Mobo manufacturer that I've had a great customer experience with is EVGA.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Well, since seasonic doesn't make motherboards there's not as much of a comparison. When it comes to the most popular AIBs, (Asus MSI gigabyte etc) they tend to have pretty infamous customer support, so you're typically screwed a bit regardless. The only Mobo manufacturer that I've had a great customer experience with is EVGA.

Ok.

Did you have any other comments on my original post?

Are that the only two available PSUs? Nothing like Enermax Revolution D.F., Thermaltake GF1 PE, Fractal Design ION+ or Super Flower Leadex III for a comparable price or max $20 more expensive?

1 hour ago, braveheart0808 said:

Ok.

Did you have any other comments on my original post?

The original focus FX was kind of bad because it had one fatal flaw, which was a poor transient response. Their updated versions, including the GX, have proven to be pretty robust units all around.

Primary PC:

On 10/19/2021 at 1:41 AM, Fasauceome said:

it had one fatal flaw, which was a poor transient response

Thing is, it probably had the very same flaw as current Prime does - sensitivity to the backfeeding noise on 12V V-sense. They've just tinkered with it and somehow fixed, but didn't think of applying the same fix to Prime. And it's not actually clear if it fully fixed the issue for Focus in the first place but these few cases i've seen may be just a fluke.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply