Asus Router losing internet every 3 minutes!

atenbit

Recently bought two AX6100 Wi-Fi 6 routers from Asus as I needed a more stable mesh system for my house.

All worked fine until some days ago when I started losing internet connection completely for exactly 15 seconds every 2-3 minutes, this didn't happen the first few days after I got the system. Speeds and ping are usually not affected (sometimes they are, though). I tried contacting Asus support but to be frank they really suck, and didn't provide any solution whatsoever.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing the problem? I thought it might be some interference with my neighbor's Wi-Fi, as it always starts happening in the afternoon, and never early morning or late at night.

If this is the case, what might I do to resolve it?

Thanks

Well the first thing you'd want to do is if possible, have at least once device physically wired so can test if its impacted too.  If a wired device does it too then you'd know its not wireless related.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Well the first thing you'd want to do is if possible, have at least once device physically wired so can test if its impacted too.  If a wired device does it too then you'd know its not wireless related.

I have my TV connected directly into the main node, and there is never a problem with it. I also have my PC connected to the second node via Ethernet, so the problem must lie in the wireless connection between the two nodes.

11 hours ago, atenbit said:

I have my TV connected directly into the main node, and there is never a problem with it. I also have my PC connected to the second node via Ethernet, so the problem must lie in the wireless connection between the two nodes.

Have you tried different WiFi channels?  Do both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands have the same problem?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7