How many PINS for cooling + ARGB

Alecsandru

Hello Guys,

My CPU is i7 9700F, and my motherboard is Asus PRIME B365M K.

I want to buy an ARGB cooler, but I’m not sure if the PINS are enough.

I have 3 options: 

ID-COOLING SE-224-XT (default version) that says 4PIN .

ID-COOLING SE-224-XT v2 ARGB, that says 4 PIN / 3 PIN ARGB.

Aqirys URANUS (also ARGB) , that says 4 PIN + 3 PIN ARGB. 
I know the motherboard has 4 PIN for CPU Fan, and in the specs it says : 2x 4-pin Fan Header. (My case only has 2 fans, one in the front, one in the back, and supports 2 more upside).

Will I be able to use the ARGB versions, or should I stick to the 224 XT non-argb ?

And if I want to get the 2 extra fans, will I be able to use them? And if yes, they have to be normal ones or can they also be ARGB? 

3pin argb seems odd but I think from looking at it they mean a 3 pinned header but that is 4 pins wide since it's aura sync compatible for the id cooling.

Doesn't matter however since your board doesn't have a argb header any way. So you'll have to get a controller like the icue commander or something similar if you want a argb cooler + rgb fans.

So the motherboard would let me use a normal cooler + 2 extra fans for the case, but they cant be ARGB unless i buy a controller?

I saw that the motherboard says it supports 2x4 PIN Fan Header, but it highlights the CPU Fan as one of them, so I am worried about only being able to use the CPU cooler + 1 extra case fan instead of 2 .

11 hours ago, Alecsandru said:

So the motherboard would let me use a normal cooler + 2 extra fans for the case, but they cant be ARGB unless i buy a controller?

I saw that the motherboard says it supports 2x4 PIN Fan Header, but it highlights the CPU Fan as one of them, so I am worried about only being able to use the CPU cooler + 1 extra case fan instead of 2 .

just buy a fan splitter

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links