Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where to ask pc related questions?

Youwei

I am quite new to pc world and was wondering where to ask pc related questions. I scrolled through the forums without seeing forum for just asking pc related questions.

Examples of where to ask these questions:

- How does hyper threading and multi threading differs?

- Where and how to read cpu reviews for specific uses?

- What order should I pick pc parts when building a pc?

- How to shop pc parts for specific uses?

- Or just where should I start my pc building journey?

1. These are not related technologies. Hyper threading is essentially splitting a single core into 2 so it can perform 2 tasks at once. Multithreading is about a program being able to use multiple threads to run.

2. Just look up a complete review for your cpu in question by a good source (so not userbenchmark and the like). If not available you'll have to look at some good synthetic benchmarks and extrapolate the results. Reading them well it's just like reading really. Cpu x has 400 fps in cs:go and y has 390 fps in cs:go so x is better in cs:go

3. Any order? Doesn't matter just buy em all at once.

4. You buy what you need? I mean to explain this I'd need pages of text. So basically since you are new just ask here for help with a partslist.

5. You say you want to do x, y and z, give a budget and ask for a build list. Then build it and carry on. If you are interested in more than just building one system for yourself just start watching videos, reading articles, forums,... you'll learn over time.

If you have multiple questions about same subject, or theme, have them in one thread under correct subforum. But we can use just this thread to answer what you posted now. I would recommend browsing subforums and looking at what others are posting to get some hang on how this place works. In short, this is traditional discussion forum where threads are organized based on main subject the discussion is about.

7 hours ago, Youwei said:

- Where and how to read cpu reviews for specific uses?

There are no specific sites like that. But good reviews include multiple use cases. If you are after something professional or otherwise more specific, those are harder to find overall as the professionals don't really delve in consumer spaces. That said, Puget Systems does reviews for professional software uses.

- What order should I pick pc parts when building a pc?

You mean what you pick first when designing your build or what to buy first? To latter, answer is all at once. Or at least enough to get system running and upgrade later. Which would be mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU and some drive. Rest are optional.

To build around, its usually CPU. CPU determines what mobos you can use. It also usually determines RAM. Rest of the parts are more interchangeable.

- How to shop pc parts for specific uses?

Pick use, ask what is best for the use, compare given options and pick the one that fits your needs the best. Or do research by yourself.

- Or just where should I start my pc building journey?

Read, watch, research.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv