Corsair Commander Pro + RGB Hub setup issues

SmallCharlie

Hi guys. I recently upgraded my case, got 5x ML140 RGB Pros in there and connected up a Commander Pro. This all works fine but I have an issue with getting the RGB working. I got hold of the 6-Port RGB Hub, which I connected to the LED 1 port on the Commander Pro using one of the (what looks like propriety) cables that came with the Commander Pro. The RGB wires of the fans are connected into the hub from port 1 - 5.

The issue I have is this. When I start up the PC, only the fan connected to Port 1 works, the others doesn't. I swapped fans and ports but the same issue happens. I can even control the RGB of the one fan that works through iCUE. The question I have. Am I doing something wrong in my setup? Am I missing something? I suspect it is the RGB Hub that is faulty, but just want to get some input before starting the RMA process.

5 minutes ago, SmallCharlie said:

Hi guys. I recently upgraded my case, got 5x ML140 RGB Pros in there and connected up a Commander Pro. This all works fine but I have an issue with getting the RGB working. I got hold of the 6-Port RGB Hub, which I connected to the LED 1 port on the Commander Pro using one of the (what looks like propriety) cables that came with the Commander Pro. The RGB wires of the fans are connected into the hub from port 1 - 5.

The issue I have is this. When I start up the PC, only the fan connected to Port 1 works, the others doesn't. I swapped fans and ports but the same issue happens. I can even control the RGB of the one fan that works through iCUE. The question I have. Am I doing something wrong in my setup? Am I missing something? I suspect it is the RGB Hub that is faulty, but just want to get some input before starting the RMA process.

make sure too

image.png

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

make sure too

image.png

Yes. Forgot to mention that. But I did have that. Selected 5 fans in the Lighting channel.

53 minutes ago, NorKris said:

and u didnt "mess up"  port 2 and 6  or something? 

No, only yet from Port 1 to Port 5. As mentioned, I also connected all of the fans to Port 1 and swapped them around to make sure it's not one of the fans in the chain.

16 minutes ago, SmallCharlie said:

No, only yet from Port 1 to Port 5. As mentioned, I also connected all of the fans to Port 1 and swapped them around to make sure it's not one of the fans in the chain.

disconnect the usb cable and restart the pc 

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

disconnect the usb cable and restart the pc 

Sorry, when you say disconnect the USB Cable, do you mean the USB going from the Commander Pro to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard?

1 minute ago, SmallCharlie said:

Sorry, when you say disconnect the USB Cable, do you mean the USB going from the Commander Pro to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard?

thats the only usb cable   yes  👍

25 minutes ago, NorKris said:

thats the only usb cable   yes  👍

Okay cool. Question, but why do I want to do this?

What is the full process? Do I unplug the header, restart PC. Shutdown PC, plug is back in and restart again?

Just to be clear, I'm not at the PC right now, will only be able to check this evening though, but just want clarity on what difference disconnecting the USB Header will make?

So, I tried what you suggested, and it doesn't make much of a difference. I tried disconnecting the USB header, even disconnected the RGB Hub from the Commander Pro. Same result. I went as far as using a different Sata Power connector for my on HDD on the RGB HUB, but nope, no luck.

So I am RMAing this thing. I really think I have a dead hub. 😕

1 hour ago, SmallCharlie said:

So, I tried what you suggested, and it doesn't make much of a difference. I tried disconnecting the USB header, even disconnected the RGB Hub from the Commander Pro. Same result. I went as far as using a different Sata Power connector for my on HDD on the RGB HUB, but nope, no luck.

So I am RMAing this thing. I really think I have a dead hub. 😕

yep dead hub 😕